Whitney Port Never Wanted to Be Famous
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 21st 2011 05:14PM
Tell me about the book.
Basically it's a lifestyle book for girls kind of going through that quarter-life crisis that is inevitable in all our lives where we all kind of move out of our houses and have to be on our own and become independent.
Did you screw up in any of those areas?
Of course! In all of them! In dating, choosing guys that weren't necessarily the best for me and job interviewing, not knowing everything I needed to know and not being as prepared as possible.
Not taking anything away from your success but you were very lucky to have a TV show to help you.
Right, of course I definitely had a great platform, they helped me with all the connections, definitely I'm the first one to admit that but I think still even before being on TV, I was working in fashion and worked my way up. Just from my experiences I could kind of see how you could do it without the cameras.
Do you ever get sick of the cameras?
Of course, yeah. I don't have the cameras around me right now, which is pretty refreshing. Yeah there were definitely times where I was like "I'm not in the mood for this today."
Did you actually want to be famous?
No, never I went to interview to be an intern at Teen Vogue and I found out MTV was going to be filming a show there and they wondered if I'd be interested in doing a casting tape so I kind of went along with it and I never knew it was going to turn into anything like this. I've just kind of been riding the wave I guess. It hasn't ever been like a goal of mine to be famous or to be on TV.
You were on 'The Hills' with Heidi Montag. Do you think it's sad what has happened to her?
Um (Publicist interrupts. 'Maybe we can stick a little bit more to the book.')
Sure. What else do you want to tell me about your book?
I think it's a really great guide and it shows me growing up from when I was like 5 to now. It's just a really fun book for girls who have all these questions.
When you go home are you like, 'I'm not clearing the table, I'm Whitney Port!'
Oh my gosh, no way could I get away with that. I know this sounds crazy but when I'm not in the realm of this job, this career, whether its press or filming or interviews I don't even think of myself in that light and my family would never allow me to either. I feel like I was raised in a really normal, loving family so I don't get caught up in all that stuff.
Thank you. Click. That's when things got really interesting. After the interview had finished we picked up the phone to make a call and Whitney Had's]t hung up properly. For a few seconds, okay minutes, we listened to Whitney express her true feelings about poor Heidi ... ouch!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diane Keaton Reveals Her Massive Girl Crush on Amy Poehler -- Read Her Funny Tweets Here!
- The Mindy Project Style Breakdown: Mindy's Sparkly Dress, More Outfits from Season 3 Premiere
- Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Spar on The View Over George W. Bush's Handling of Katrina
- Explosive New Details Of Joan Rivers' Medical Crisis: Doctor Snapped Selfie With Legendary Comic & Performed Unauthorized Biopsy While She Was Under Anesthesia!
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- Big Brother's Eviction Shocker! Who Didn't Make it to the Final Four?
- Saturday Night Live's Nasim Pedrad Recalls Meeting Kim Kardashian, Reveals Unaired Impression of Aziz Ansari—Watch Now!
- Zachary Quinto Plays James Franco's Lover in New Film, Applauds His Co-Star as a "Provocateur"