Ashton Kutcher in 'Ghostbusters 3'? It's 'Absolutely Possible'
By Moviefone Editors Posted Feb 22nd 2011 08:00PM
Since potential 'Ghostbusters 3' director Ivan Reitman just worked with Ashton Kutcher for the film 'No Strings Attached,' it makes sense that the actor would be circling the long-awaited 'Ghostbusters' sequel. As it stands right now, Bill Murray is in possession of a 'Ghostbusters 3' script that many people seem happy with. As previously reported, it would appear as if the entire movie hinges on whether Murray -- who has been kinda-sorta bashing the project since its inception -- approves the script and agrees to star.
While the world awaits Murray's answer (knowing him, he's probably reading a page every other day just because he can), Reitman and Kutcher talked up the possibility that Kutcher could be one of those rumored "new recruits." Answering questions about the sequel during a junket, Reitman said it's "absolutely possible" that Kutcher could join the cast, Digital Spy reports.
During publicity interviews for 'Strings,' Reitman said that "virtually everything" we think we know about the third film is wrong. A newly edited script was just finished and sent to Murray, and they're waiting to see what he has to say. Now Deadline sources explain that it's all up to the actor. "Without Murray, the studio absolutely will not make the film." With a hefty price tag -- $150 million -- Sony just won't risk it without a firm deal, nor do any "meaningful prep" that could be in vain.
Read More From Moviefone.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
MORE ABOUT Ashton Kutcher
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ashton Kutcher Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pregnant celebs without the shy gene
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr dating former spouses?
- Tara Reid releases 'Sharknado'-inspired perfume. No, really
- Teen Choice Awards Move to Avoid UCLA Flood
- Bill Murray to Play Baloo in Disney's 'The Jungle Book'
- Winklevoss-Backed Shopping Tool Hukkster Shuts Down
- Lee Pace names the sex scene he's rewound? a lot
- Stephen Colbert gives heartfelt advice (no, really) to teenage girls
- The 'Birdman' Trailer Delivers a Strange, Squawky Peek at the Michael Keaton Flick (VIDEO)
- 9 Movies We Love But Can't Quite Figure Out
- Meryl Streep Is Learning the Guitar Because There's Nothing She Can't Do