Drunk Guests and Feuding Hosts: The Most Uncomfortable Talk Show Moments
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Feb 22nd 2011 07:00PM
Who's the latest talker to make viewers cringe? NBA player Carmelo "Melo" Anthony announced that he was making the switch from the Denver Nuggets to the New York Knicks after taping his guest spot on 'Conan.'
Only problem was that the episode aired after the announcement was formally made, making for quite some interesting trading conversation fodder between Melo and Conan O'Brien.
Check out more uncomfortable clips after the jump!
The women of 'The View' are known for their hot tempers and hot-button hot topics, but things reached a boiling point when Bill O'Reilly sat down with the ladies. One thing that the controversial guest didn't see coming? A walk-off. After discussing the mosque at ground zero both Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldeberg were so infuriated they walked off-set. Barbara was none too pleased with her colleagues' hospitality explaining, "We should be able to have discussions without washing our hands, screaming and walking offstage."
Known for his serious case of foot-in-mouth disease, Kanye West once again put it to the test on the 'Today' show with Matt Lauer. Kanye appeared on the show just after George Bush responded to Kanye's remarks that Bush was racist during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina -- Bush called the comments one of the lowest points of his presidency. But when Lauer asked Kanye to take a look at the video of Bush's response, Kanye launched into a defensive tirade on the 'Today' host and even yelled at the cameramen and crew.
What later turned out to be one of the biggest talk show hoaxes of all time, Joaquin Phoenix appeared on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' dazed and a lot confused -- rocking dark shades and a beard worthy of housing more than a few woodland creatures. Although Dave later discovered that the actor what doing exactly that -- acting -- the interview spot goes down as one of the most uncomfortable (and entertaining) talk show moments.
What's one way to get the presses churning? Stumble onto a daytime talk show drunk before referring to the president as "numb nuts." After an admitted all night bender with George Clooney, Danny Devito chats up the ladies of 'The View,' slurred speech and all.
It isn't the only time the ladies of 'The View' have thrown down, but it is certainly one of the loudest. In this clip, Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck get into a media-fueled fight over why Rosie is always targeted as the "bad guy" picking on "innocent" Elisabeth. Sherri Shepherd and Joy Behar beg producers to go to a commercial.
Sure, Drew Barrymore was trying to distance herself from her fame-making 'E.T.' innocence, but we're not sure that jumping on top of David Letterman's desk to flash him is the best way to go about doing so.
James Brown wasn't convincing too many people of his new, responsible take on life when in 1987 he appeared on the talk show 'Sonya.' In response to questions of his sobriety, James simply sang the words, "living in America."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe a "Miserable Person"; Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Debuts: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Nick Lachey Posts Shirtless Photo Working on a Roof: Sexy Picture
- Blake Lively's Preserve Website Video: Watch the Weird, Slightly Sinister Introductory Clip
- 24 Weeks And Growing! Tila Tequila Shows Off Her Baby Body! Posts Bra-Undies Picture On Facebook But Says She's ?Raising Her Alone'
- Baby Love! Mila Kunis And Ashton Kutcher's Nursery D
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Kerry Washington Is Back to Work on Scandal Post-Baby—See the Pic!
- Big Brother Recap: Ariana Grande's Brother Frankie Learns Of His Grandfather's Death & Another Houseguest Goes Home
- Frank Caliendo Reads LeBron James' "Coming Home" Letter in Morgan Freeman's Voice: Watch and You're Welcome