Miley Cyrus Forced Billy Ray to Cancel 'The View'
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 22nd 2011 09:00AM
Billy Ray Cyrus certainly knows how to burn a bridge. First he angers his daughter Miley by comparing her to Anna Nicole Smith. Then he attacks Disney, saying 'Hannah Montana' destroyed his family. Now he goes and upsets TV legend Barbara Walters after his daughter forced him to drop out of a scheduled interview on 'The View' this week.
"When Miley found out her father was scheduled to appear on 'The View' on Wednesday she went nuts," a family friend tells me. "Only last week, Billy shot his mouth off in GQ, and now he planned to sit down with [Barbara and Whoopi] and talk more crap about his family. No way would Miley or her team let that happen."
The GQ interview started off a firestorm after Billy Ray's bombshell that he feels isolated from his daughter, blaming everyone but himself. "I'm scared for her," he said in the interview. "She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm."
Billy Ray's comments had come out of nowhere, leaving everyone, including Miley, to wonder why her dad had decided to go public with private family matters.
"At first Miley defended her dad, wanting to believe he had been tricked into saying bad things by the magazine," an insider with knowledge of situation tells me. "Miley truly wanted to give her father the benefit of the doubt, goodness knows she's said things she wishes she could take back. But after she found out about his media trip to New York, no more excuses could be made."
True, you don't accidentally end up as a guest on 'The View.' That is a heavily planned event!
Billy Ray's representative confirmed to me that his trip to NYC had been canceled, at least for now.
Miley Cyrus Pics
An old snapshot of Miley Cyrus posing in a risque position with friends posted to Cyrus' Twitter account. Check Out More Miley Pics >>
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
MORE ABOUT Billy Ray Cyrus
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Billy Ray Cyrus Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Bill Maher criticizes Elton John and 'the far left'
- Roger Moore denies making 'racist comments' about Idris Elba
- Angelina Jolie Gives Emotional Speech, Tells Kids It's Okay to Be Different
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Pics! All the Slimy Details from the Show
- Pics! Stars Walk the Red Carpet at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards
- Justin Bieber Plays With Mason Disick in the Pool: See Mom Kourtney Kardashian's Cute Pic!
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Plays a Gun-Slinging Bambi in Live-Action Saturday Night Live Skit: Video
- Destiny's Child Reunites: Watch Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams Perform Together Again!