Holly Robinson Peete -- Defining Moments
The co-host of 'The Talk' says that her defining career moment was a little kid's ultimate dream.
"In 1969, I was five years old. Don't do the math," Peete tells PopEater. "And my father got a gig as the first original Gordon on 'Sesame Street.' A little show that's still on today. And that's the most exciting thing that could ever happen to a five year old, to have her dad go work on the hottest kids show ever."
I really wanted to go on the show. My dad was Gordon and I couldn't even get on the show. Why? Because he didn't want me to be in show business," she remembers. "I begged and pleaded and cried and kicked and screamed and I finally got on the show and I had one line and blew it. I was supposed to say 'Hi Gordon' and I said 'Hi Daddy.'"
I begged and pleaded and cried and kicked and screamed and I finally got on the show and I had one line and blew it.
"So I got my line taken away from me and I got to walk down the street and hold Big Bird's hand and knock on Oscar the Grouch's trash can."
"It was a defining moment because it made me want to be in show business. Just what my father feared, his worst dream came true. Because he wanted me not to want that. But it was a great moment for me because it came me the show business bug, and here I am still in show business some forty-something years later."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence is Guest of Honor at Chris Martin's Coldplay Gig in Los Angeles: Details
- Kate Middleton Cancels First Solo Tour of Malta Due to Morning Sickness, Prince William Steps In
- Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton Have Amazing Lip Sync Battle with Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show
- Beverly Hills Lingerie Company Accuses Britney Spears Of Ripping Off Designs: ?Copycat!' SEE The Tell-Tale Photos
- Losing His Religion: Tom Cruise's Son Connor On ?Spiritual Journey' In The Desert, ?Trying To Find Himself,' Says Source ? Leaving Scientology For Good?
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tim McGraw: Faith Hill makes me 'better at everything'
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD