Holly Robinson Peete -- Defining Moments
The co-host of 'The Talk' says that her defining career moment was a little kid's ultimate dream.
"In 1969, I was five years old. Don't do the math," Peete tells PopEater. "And my father got a gig as the first original Gordon on 'Sesame Street.' A little show that's still on today. And that's the most exciting thing that could ever happen to a five year old, to have her dad go work on the hottest kids show ever."
I really wanted to go on the show. My dad was Gordon and I couldn't even get on the show. Why? Because he didn't want me to be in show business," she remembers. "I begged and pleaded and cried and kicked and screamed and I finally got on the show and I had one line and blew it. I was supposed to say 'Hi Gordon' and I said 'Hi Daddy.'"
I begged and pleaded and cried and kicked and screamed and I finally got on the show and I had one line and blew it.
"So I got my line taken away from me and I got to walk down the street and hold Big Bird's hand and knock on Oscar the Grouch's trash can."
"It was a defining moment because it made me want to be in show business. Just what my father feared, his worst dream came true. Because he wanted me not to want that. But it was a great moment for me because it came me the show business bug, and here I am still in show business some forty-something years later."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Models Her Insanely Toned Legs in Mega-Fringed Minidress: See Her Sexy, Throwback Style!
- Jay Leno Recalls Awkward Story With Bachelorette Trista Sutter, One of His Worst Guests Ever
- Lauren Scruggs Recalls Tragic Plane Accident Before Jason Kennedy Wedding -- Watch
- Oakland Raiders' Menelik Watson Donates Paycheck to 4-Year-Old Girl Battling Heart Condition
- Olivia Wilde's Post-Baby Bikini Body Is Seriously Out of Control—See for Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus DJs a Party in Festive Nipple Pasties and Tinsel Wig, Snaps Seductive Pics in Elf Costume