James Franco's Latest Role: Interviewer for Harper's Bazaar
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Feb 22nd 2011 12:45AM
Now, in between teaching a course on himself, co-hosting the Oscars and appearing on soap operas, Franco is wearing the hat of Harper's Bazaar interviewer, with a Q&A in the March issue with Gucci designer Frida Giannini. Franco has also posed in ads for the design house.
The actor has a bit of a professional crush on the pretty blonde designer. He admits, "Frida and I have been in sync since we met. I love her work, and she supports mine. Creatively, I know we will always be in line with each other."
Franco gets inside Giannini's head with the kinds of questions a normal person would ask of a designer, namely, why do we see such wild creations on the runway when the average person can't wear or afford them?
"Not always at Gucci. I believe what we are showing on the catwalk needs to be in the stores," Giannini tells the actor.
"The big stores like in New York or London or Paris, the main flagships, they always have the entire collection -- even the extreme pieces. There are people who are waiting for the extreme pieces from the fashion show. We are not the kind of company that thinks, Okay, I'll do something for the runway, and I'll make an entire new collection to sell."
Giannini tells the actor that she doesn't consider herself an artist because her work is so temporal.
"To me, art is not something that after six months you change. That's why I say I'm not an artist. I need to try to sell every single collection to make it a success," the designer says.
Check out the whole interview at HarpersBazaar.com.
Get more over at StyleList >>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
MORE ABOUT James Franco
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about James Franco Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael B. Jordan Slams Racist "Internet Trolls" Who Are Angry About His Fantastic Four Casting As Johnny Storm
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance For Jurassic World Press Tour: "I Am Just Dumb!"
- Delaware Police Rally to Help Fan With Down Syndrome, Cancer Meet Taylor Swift
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Jana Kramer From One Tree Hill & Michael Caussin Are Married—See Their Gorgeous Wedding Photo!
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away