Jennifer Aniston Debuts a Big Girl Haircut
By Jo Piazza Posted Feb 22nd 2011 05:30PM
We don't know if we'll ever get bored with waxing about Jennifer Aniston's hair. From the "Rachel," which she claims she hated and made thousands if not millions of American women look five pounds heavier, to the long layered look she has been sporting for the past half-decade, we could go on about Jennifer's hair for a good long while.
That's why we were surprised to see that Jen chopped her locks for the Madrid premiere of her rom com, 'Just Go With It.' Now Jen is sporting a sassy little bob (vaguely reminiscent of a look she had on the last season of 'Friends'), which the experts agree makes her look more mature and put together.
"Aniston had been loyal to long, blonde layers for a while, so it was definitely time for a change. I love the asymmetry of this new cut -- it's shorter in the back, and the highlights get lighter and more honey-blonde around her face," says Daily Makeover Editor Lauren LeVine.
It has been a week of transformation, with Bieber going from, well, the "Bieber" to what looks like a shaggy pixie. Did hair icons get a discount at the salon this week? And what will Aniston's new 'do mean for her fans with long locks? Will we see some mass cuttings over the next couple of weeks?
"In the celebrity world haircuts can be headline makers. If you've already made one cut famous, as Jennifer Aniston did with the 'Rachel,' she's forever going to turn heads when a pair of scissors come close to her carefully sculpted tresses," says Gotham magazine Editor-in-Chief Samantha Yanks. "For all of Aniston's recent bashing of the haircut that made her famous, her new sexy bob is awfully close to the 'Rachel' just without the layers and a sleeker blowdry. With hair as closely watched and imitated as Aniston's, it wouldn't come as a great surprise if this spring we see tresses being chopped off across the nation."
For Jen, it was just time to let go of the longer hair. Lock & Mane's resident hair and style expert Jackie Cascarano says she is proud of Aniston for finally getting herself a big girl 'do.
"A shorter hairstyle can instantly make a woman look more sophisticated. Aniston's new bob is also a bit choppy at the ends, which keeps it young and fresh. Scarlett Johansson had a similar, shorter version of this look last summer," Cascarano says.
"She has had the same long, sleek style for ages. While it was pretty, this is a welcome change, especially from a hairstyle icon like Aniston."
Celebrity stylist Chris Brescia of the Pierre Michel salon in New York City says that this look would work on most women, whereas Jen's old long layers can weigh a woman's face down, making it appear sunken and angular, and the "Rachel" can add some extra chub.
"The long angled bob is a sophisticated yet sexy look for Jennifer. The subtleties of this cut are what really make her look great. The length, while not long or short, is a perfect in-between. The brilliance of starting at the base of her neck and finishing at her collar bone not only show off her perfect shoulders but add length to her jaw," Brescia says. "Then the soft angle starting at her cheek bone opens her face up beautifully. This haircut captures her beauty from many aspects. It takes a great stylist and trusting client to achieve this look."
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- TV's Top 10 Villains: The Biggest Baddies Currently on Air, From Gotham to Game of Thrones
- Kate Hudson Shimmers in Jenny Packham Gown: See the Amazing Curve-Hugging Dress!
- Celeb Sightings: SNL's Cecily Strong & Her Dog Lucy Step Out in NYC
- Abandoned! Kanye Jets To Europe Without Kim, Scott Ditches Pregnant Kourtney To Party & Khloe Can't Find Lamar
- Kendra Wilkinson Throws Hank Baskett Out Of The House For ?F**king A Transsexual' ? Watch The Clip
- Soup Kitchen Instead Of Prison? ?RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice's Attorney Begs For Halfway House Placement – So She Can Do Charity Work! Read The Letter To The Judge
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Do You Trust Sleepy Hollow's Horseman of War? John Noble Wants to Be Your Attorney In This Hilarious Legal Ad
- Spooky! Megan Fox Is Covered in Blood While Posing With Bald James Franco
- Jordin Sparks Gets Her Septum Pierced and Somehow She's Pulling It Off: See the Photo!