Jon and Kate 'Miss Each Other'; Settling Into More Normal Lives
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 22nd 2011 04:42PM
Jon Gosselin is doing everything he can to win back the love of ex-wife, Kate, including getting a real job to impress his ex.
"They both realize how much they miss each other," a friend of the couple's tells me. "Neither one of them have been really happy since their ugly split and would love to turn back time to the point where they were both in love before fame took over."
Jon recently traded his Ed Hardy shirts for a hardhat and scored a job with Green Pointe Energy, a Pennsylvania-based renewable energy company. The former reality star and computer techie spends his days installing solar panels and doing other good-for-the-planet deeds.
"Jon is in a great place," a friend of the father of eight told me last month. "He is happy and knows what a fool he made of himself after his split from Kate."
Of course the rehabilitation of Jon began last October when he publicly acknowledged his bad choices and apologized to his ex-wife and kids.
"I am acutely aware of the mistakes I made in 2009 and I am ashamed of the choices I made," Jon wrote on Twitter. "I have apologized to Kate, my family, and to my friends. Through counseling I have learned to own my actions. My goal is to move forward in a positive direction."
So after the ups and downs of 2010, the couple have found peace again, especially now that the cameras have gone away. As everything has started to return to normal so have Jon and Kate with Jon now working in green construction and Kate turning to being a full-time mom again.
"After the split the both of them were out of control. Kate thought she was going to be dating Brad Pitt, and Jon was sure he was going to be a superstar. Neither one of them found what they were looking for when they were single and have both come to the conclusion that maybe they are right for each other."
Plus, it wouldn't hurt ratings on next season's show! Just saying ...
Kate Plus Cameras
©BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Kate Gosselin smiles and shows off her freshly coiffed golden locks as she exits Ted Gibson Hair Salon carrying a bag of salon goodies. NON-EXCLUSIVE December 8, 2010 Job: 101208H4 New York, New York www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Knute Turns 2, Channels Harry Styles' Hair in Cute Photo
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Were in Couples Therapy "For Years," Nearly Divorced Before
- Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson Set to Join Julia Roberts in Stellar Cast for New Movie Mother's Day
- Bella Thorne balances her career and being a teenager
- Lori Loughlin displays amazing abs at age 50
- Justin Bieber attends church conference in Sydney
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Lovely in Lace While Attending Broadway Play With Gal Pal in New York City
- Exclusive Photos—See the Veronica Mars Cast Reunite for a Great Cause!
- So Who's the Killer on MTV's Scream? The Cast and Showrunners Spill Dark Secrets about Ghostface