Sour Grapes? Top British Designer Slams Kate Middleton's Style
Scratch Dame Vivienne Westwood off the list of potential royal couturiers. (And quite possibly, the list of 1,800 royal wedding invitations, too.)
The blunt and eccentric British fashion designer has confirmed she's not in the running to make Kate Middleton's wedding dress. That's probably a good thing, because although she's British fashion royalty, she doesn't consider 29-year-old Middleton much of a style queen.
"I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton, but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style," Westwood told The Daily Mail at her London Fashion Week show at the city's Royal Courts of Justice. "When people ask me where she's going to get the dress from -- she's definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard."
Westwood, 69, made these comments at one of her typically excessive fashion week runway displays. Her fall 2011 collection was themed "Royal Family Meets Alice in Wonderland," and her models wore her signature fantastical looks including bowler hats, oversized felt red crowns, psychedelic plumed capelets and baggy pinstriped suits.
None of the pieces looked much like anything tailored princess-to-be Middleton would grant her royal seal of approval.
Not that Westwood should care. Her new jewelry collection for Palladium is themed "Get a Life."
Meanwhile, read which American fashion designer was behind the dress Middleton wore during her recent lunch with her future stepmother-in-law. Get More From StyleList and See the Most Famous Celebrity Wedding Gowns Ever
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Phaedra Parks Takes a Swing at Kenya Moore During Fight Over Apollo
- Twins Reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger Receives Lifetime Achievement Honor From Danny DeVito in Germany
- Taylor Swift Refuses to Address Katy Perry Feud in Interview, Imagines Life at Age 30: "I'll Probably Still Be Single"
- Will Smith movie 'Focus' tops the box office
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Charmayne Maxwell Dead at 46: Singer Appeared in Grammy-Nominated Girl Group Brownstone
- Phaedra Parks Avoids Getting Violent After Kenya Moore Asks About Her Alleged Affair With Mr. Chocolate
- Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger Enjoy Disney Date Night at the "Best Place on Earth"—See the Pics!