Sour Grapes? Top British Designer Slams Kate Middleton's Style
Scratch Dame Vivienne Westwood off the list of potential royal couturiers. (And quite possibly, the list of 1,800 royal wedding invitations, too.)
The blunt and eccentric British fashion designer has confirmed she's not in the running to make Kate Middleton's wedding dress. That's probably a good thing, because although she's British fashion royalty, she doesn't consider 29-year-old Middleton much of a style queen.
"I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton, but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style," Westwood told The Daily Mail at her London Fashion Week show at the city's Royal Courts of Justice. "When people ask me where she's going to get the dress from -- she's definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard."
Westwood, 69, made these comments at one of her typically excessive fashion week runway displays. Her fall 2011 collection was themed "Royal Family Meets Alice in Wonderland," and her models wore her signature fantastical looks including bowler hats, oversized felt red crowns, psychedelic plumed capelets and baggy pinstriped suits.
None of the pieces looked much like anything tailored princess-to-be Middleton would grant her royal seal of approval.
Not that Westwood should care. Her new jewelry collection for Palladium is themed "Get a Life."
Meanwhile, read which American fashion designer was behind the dress Middleton wore during her recent lunch with her future stepmother-in-law. Get More From StyleList and See the Most Famous Celebrity Wedding Gowns Ever
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Rihanna and Drake Grab Dinner in London After Wining and Dining in Amsterdam
- Seth Meyers Reveals How Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and More Helped Him Prepare for His Late Night Show
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Would Like to Trade Bodies With Gisele Bündchen, Admits She's Not a Fan of Selfies