Sour Grapes? Top British Designer Slams Kate Middleton's Style
Scratch Dame Vivienne Westwood off the list of potential royal couturiers. (And quite possibly, the list of 1,800 royal wedding invitations, too.)
The blunt and eccentric British fashion designer has confirmed she's not in the running to make Kate Middleton's wedding dress. That's probably a good thing, because although she's British fashion royalty, she doesn't consider 29-year-old Middleton much of a style queen.
"I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton, but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style," Westwood told The Daily Mail at her London Fashion Week show at the city's Royal Courts of Justice. "When people ask me where she's going to get the dress from -- she's definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard."
Westwood, 69, made these comments at one of her typically excessive fashion week runway displays. Her fall 2011 collection was themed "Royal Family Meets Alice in Wonderland," and her models wore her signature fantastical looks including bowler hats, oversized felt red crowns, psychedelic plumed capelets and baggy pinstriped suits.
None of the pieces looked much like anything tailored princess-to-be Middleton would grant her royal seal of approval.
Not that Westwood should care. Her new jewelry collection for Palladium is themed "Get a Life."
Meanwhile, read which American fashion designer was behind the dress Middleton wore during her recent lunch with her future stepmother-in-law. Get More From StyleList and See the Most Famous Celebrity Wedding Gowns Ever
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
- Kim Richards Checks Into Rehab After Drunken Arrest: Report
- Bobby Brown Files for Guardianship Over Bobbi Kristina Brown's Estate: Report
- Dan Fredinburg Dead: Sophia Bush's Ex Dies After Nepal Earthquake Triggers Mt. Everest Avalanche
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Barack Obama Brings Key & Peele "Anger Translator" Onstage at White House Correspondents Dinner!
- Zac Efron Enjoys PDA-Filled Karaoke Night With Girlfriend Sami Miró: "They Were Lovey All Night"
- Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez and Fifth Harmony Win Big at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards