Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Goes Without Pants, Has Epic Hotel Party in "7/11" Music Video
- Vanessa Hudgens Ditches Red Hair, Goes Dark With Bangs: See Her New Hairstyle
- Lacey Chabert Wears Her Actual Wedding Dress for Holiday Movie -- Who Says You Only Wear It Once?
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- 'Lemony Snicket' author apologizes again for racist remarks
- John Stamos helps turn on Xmas lights at Graceland