Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood Is "Forever Grateful to American Idol" on 10th Anniversary of Win
- Ryan Reynolds Is Following the Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal
- Gretchen Rossi Shakes Off Her Haters With Taylor Swift Lip Sync: See Real Housewives of Orange County Alum's Outrageous New Video
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Amal Clooney's Elegant Yellow Gown Steals the Spotlight at George Clooney's Latest Premiere—Take a Look!
- Sandra Lee Leaves Hospital After Breast Cancer Surgery, Now at Home With Andrew Cuomo and Pet Birds
- Anne Meara's Son Ben Stiller Steps Out After Mom's Death, Thanks Friends and Fans—Read His Heartfelt Message