Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tiffani Thiessen, Brady Smith Share Adorable New Photos of Baby Holt
- Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale "Had the Family She Always Dreamed Of"
- Mario Lopez's Adorable Son Dominic Rocks A.C. Slater Shirt With Dad: Pic
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson Are Both Sporting Bushy Beards—but Whose Scruff Is Sexiest?!
- Is Rihanna Dating Karim Benzema or Lewis Hamilton?! Find Out Why She's Not Ready to ''Put a Label on Anyone''
- Ruby Rose Flaunts Amazing Abs in a Sexy Black Bikini While on Vacation—See The Pic!