Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood Dishes on Pregnancy Diet, Says She Never Goes Without Makeup
- Bill Cosby Allegations Continue, Jane Doe from 2005 Civil Rape Case Goes Public
- Miley Cyrus, Patrick Schwarzenegger Lick Each Other in Photobooth Pics
- Nicole Richie Is Getting A Crash Course In Roller Derby!
- Vanessa Hudgens Gets Restraining Order After ‘Extremely Graphic’ Emails
- 8 things you didn't know about Miranda Lambert
- Reba McEntire: I always have more to learn
- Celebrity weight loss winners