Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- PBS' Miles O'Brien optimistic only 3 weeks after losing arm
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America