Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bartha, Wife Lia Smith Welcome Baby Girl
- Prince George Squeals With Delight, Meeting His Bilby Namesake With Parents Kate Middleton, Prince William: Pictures
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child: See Baby Bump Picture
- Johnny Depp’s Ex Leaning On Mary-Kate Olsen For Support & Career Advice, Twin Wants To Help ‘Find Her A New Man’
- Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi mentioned as buyers for Buffalo Bills
- Neil Patrick Harris curses fan who interrupts Broadway performance
- Dolly Parton says Miley Cyrus wanted to 'murder Hannah Montana'