Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- MTV Video Music Awards 2014: Performers, Presenters, and More Highlights to Expect
- Ryan Seacrest, New Girlfriend Shayna Taylor Get Affectionate on Romantic Vacation: Sexy Photos
- Surrogate Scandal Over? Judge Dismisses Lawsuit From Woman Claiming She's Blue Ivy’s Real Mom ? ?Baseless' Claims Against Beyonce & Jay Z
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- We're Livestreaming the 2014 Emmys Red Carpet This Sunday on E! Online—Get the Emmy Coverage Scoop!
- Musical Artist Madison Creates the Perfect E! Red Carpet 2014 Emmys Song—Get All the Details!
- Watch the First 5 Minutes of Lifetime's Saved by the Bell Movie Now to Get Screech's Side of the Story