Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Halle Berry Debuts Slim Post-Baby Body Two Months After Giving Birth to Son Maceo: Picture
- Padma Lakshmi Nurses Hangover in Skimpy Bikini in Miami: See the Picture
- Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Stars in Grease High School Musical: See Her as Rizzo!
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow's Holiday Party Connection Revealed!
- Ben Affleck's Playboy Shocker: A Stalker Tried to Kill My Family After Pretending to Be a Paparazzo
- Bonnie & Clyde's Gangbuster Ratings: Apparently People So Don't Care It's Not a History Lesson