Charlie Sheen's Family Speaks Out: 'You Have to Have an Equal Measure of Concern and Love'
By Sarah Crow Posted Feb 23rd 2011 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen's struggle with addiction and the actor's wild behavior have been tabloid fodder for two decades, and now his family is speaking out about how they're dealing with his demons.
In an interview with the U.K.'s Sky News, Sheen's father, acting legend Martin Sheen, and brother, Emilio Estevez, open up about how Charlie's struggles have affected their lives and how they're hoping to help him through.
Martin Sheen said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Watch the interview inside.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donald Trump Tweets Praise for Taran Killam, Disses Hillary Clinton Over SNL Sketches
- Kaley Cuoco Wears Jedi Outfit, Fights Darth Vader at Charity Competition Post-Split: Photos
- Kristin Cavallari Shares Her Spinach-Artichoke Dip Recipe, Tips for Throwing a Football Party
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- Chloë Sevigny Has a Wardrobe Malfunction in a Semi-Sheer Black Mini Dress—See the NSFW Photo
- Blake Shelton Talks About Life After Miranda Lambert Split and Weight Loss: "I'm in a Good Place"
- Lady Gaga Wears Sexy Red Dress at American Horror Story: Hotel Premiere, Shows PDA With Taylor Kinney: See Pics