Friend: Lindsay Lohan 'Terrified' of What Lies Ahead
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 23rd 2011 07:17PM
Judge Keith L. Schwartz left little doubt in court on Wednesday: Lindsay Lohan is "going to jail" if she averts a trial and resolves her felony grand theft case in his courtroom, a declaration that has left the actress quaking in her designer boots.
"I'm not sure if she can survive this," a friend of Lindsay's tells me. "She is so terrified and frightened that we all fear her addictions will kick in again to help her numb the fear."
Danette Meyers, the deputy DA in the case, tried to cut a deal with Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, offering her eight months in jail and probation, but Holley rejected the offer as she would not accept any hard time time for her client.
When Lindsay faces Judge Schwartz again on March 10, she'll need to decide whether she's taking a deal and pleading guilty, or moving closer to an actual trial.
"I get the impression you are not going to accept the DA's offer," Judge Schwartz said. "That's the feeling I got."
A judge not associated with this case tells me Lindsay made a huge blunder by not accepting the offer.
"Lindsay's preliminary hearing and probation violation case will now be heard at the same time," my source said. "So even if Lindsay is found not guilty of stealing she will be found guilty for her probation violation and sent to jail."
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Marilyn Monroe photos stollen ahead of Prague exhibition
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- Tim Burton: ?Everyone thinks I'm about death!'
- Kim Kardashian Sent Ballerina "Music Box" Baby Shower Invitations to Beyonce and Fergie
- Darius Rucker Slams Racist Tweet: "Is This 2013 or 1913?"
- Michael Douglas: Liberace Role "Meant So Much" After Cancer Battle
- More Accusations! Are Kim Kardashian & Her Mom Selling Photos Behind Kanye West’s Back?
- Howard Stern Haters Explain ‘Zoo Za Zoo’ Phenomenon, Say Radio Star Has Censored Phrase From The Airwaves
- No More Kitchen Nightmare? It’s Business As Usual At Amy’s Baking Company, Re-Opening Draws Hordes Of Onlookers