Uh-O: Rosie and Oprah Have Their Very OWN Rift
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 23rd 2011 11:01PM
Rosie O'Donnell has just split from her girlfriend of over a year, Tracy Kachtick-Anders, but the former TV queen has another relationship problem to deal with, and it involves her powerful new boss, Oprah Winfrey.
"Oprah and Rosie have not been seeing eye to eye on the tone of Rosie's new show" on OWN, an insider with knowledge of the situation tells me. "Oprah sees it as a friendly daytime talk show where viewers get to spend an hour with the old Rosie they used to love. Rosie, on the other hand, thinks the show should be more political and a place where she can express her liberal views."
Oprah confirmed that she gave Rosie a warning before moving ahead with the new show, telling her she "better behave" on OWN. Oprah even visited Rosie at her home.
Her account: "Rosie said, 'I know you're here to assess how crazy I am.' I said, 'Basically, yes. I'm doing a crazy check.'"
The check, however, doesn't appear to have been thorough enough, with Rosie already annoying Oprah by resisting her pick for executive producer.
"The two are disagreeing over staff," my source tells me. "Oprah wants Rosie to use an executive producer that she knows and trusts while Rosie insists she be able to pick her own, fearing whoever Oprah picks will be a spy. It's a bad way to start off, considering they haven't even taped a single show yet."
Something that might never happen if Rosie doesn't learn the lesson soon: Oprah is the boss!
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Rosie O'Donnell
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Rosie O'Donnell Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Courtney Stodden Dyes Hair, Goes Brunette: "I Feel Born Again"
- Beyonce Explains Surprise "Visual Album": "I See Music, It's More Than Just What I Hear"
- Paul Walker's Family Attends Screening of His Final Film
- Psychologist Admits Flub In Case Of ‘Spoiled Brat’ Texas Teen, As Unrest Grows Over Slap-On-The-Wrist Sentence In 4 DWI Killings
- Surprise! Beyonce Releases ‘Visual’ New Album On iTunes
- End Of The Road: Khlo
- Why hasn't Jane Fonda's $800G charity made any gifts since 2006?
- Celebrity-inspired holiday gifts
- YouTube gold: 13 biggest viral videos of 2013