Uh-O: Rosie and Oprah Have Their Very OWN Rift
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 23rd 2011 11:01PM
Rosie O'Donnell has just split from her girlfriend of over a year, Tracy Kachtick-Anders, but the former TV queen has another relationship problem to deal with, and it involves her powerful new boss, Oprah Winfrey.
"Oprah and Rosie have not been seeing eye to eye on the tone of Rosie's new show" on OWN, an insider with knowledge of the situation tells me. "Oprah sees it as a friendly daytime talk show where viewers get to spend an hour with the old Rosie they used to love. Rosie, on the other hand, thinks the show should be more political and a place where she can express her liberal views."
Oprah confirmed that she gave Rosie a warning before moving ahead with the new show, telling her she "better behave" on OWN. Oprah even visited Rosie at her home.
Her account: "Rosie said, 'I know you're here to assess how crazy I am.' I said, 'Basically, yes. I'm doing a crazy check.'"
The check, however, doesn't appear to have been thorough enough, with Rosie already annoying Oprah by resisting her pick for executive producer.
"The two are disagreeing over staff," my source tells me. "Oprah wants Rosie to use an executive producer that she knows and trusts while Rosie insists she be able to pick her own, fearing whoever Oprah picks will be a spy. It's a bad way to start off, considering they haven't even taped a single show yet."
Something that might never happen if Rosie doesn't learn the lesson soon: Oprah is the boss!
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Rosie O'Donnell
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Rosie O'Donnell Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Brad Pitt's Exes Unite, Picture
- Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Fifty Shades of Grey Set: See the Pictures
- Simon Cowell Organized Baby Shower for Pregnant Girlfriend Lauren Silverman: All the Details!
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Kanye West: 'I'm putting my life at risk' like a police officer with 'Yeezus' tour
- MTV reportedly cancels 'Teen Mom 3'
- Maxim Monday: Hot models, celebs and gals next door
- Katy Perry Covers Marie Claire, Reveals "the Best Thing" She Got From Marriage to Russell Brand
- Sleepy Hollow Sneak Peek: Ichabod. And. Abbie. Under. The. Mistletoe. What Are You Waiting For? Watch!
- Miranda Kerr on Orlando Bloom: "We Still Love and Care for Each Other Deeply"