Did Ellen DeGeneres Inspire Justin Bieber's New Haircut?
By Jo Piazza Posted Feb 24th 2011 12:41PM
As we watched Justin Bieber hand over a lock of his newly shorn hair to Ellen DeGeneres yesterday, we couldn't help but feel like we were seeing double. We rewound the tape, we looked again, we shut one eye and then the other. Yes, it was unmistakable: Bieber's new haircut looks just like Ellen's.
This could be mere coincidence or subtle flattery. The cut looks good on both the talk show host and the pint-sized pop star. But we weren't the only ones who noticed that Bieber's cut didn't exactly seem like an original.
"We love Bieber's new sassy man-pixie! His haircut choice doesn't surprise us though, given the pixie mania that has taken over Hollywood. First Carey Mulligan, then Emma Watson and now the Biebs," says Lock & Mane style and hair expert Jackie Cascarano. "But not to be outdone, he has his own take on the gamine look. It's a hybrid of Ellen DeGeneres' short cut and Halle Berry's iconic textured look. And he's almost as pretty."
Beauty blogger and author of 'Confessions of a Beauty Addict' Nadine Jolie saw a resemblance to another lady talk show host.
"I don't know why everybody's making such a big deal of Rachel Maddow's new 'do," Jolie told us. "Bieber's cut looks very 'no-nonsense lesbian' to me!"
Fashionista Senior Editor Leah Chernikoff compared the "Bieber" to a "cartoon baby bird, like a baby Tweety Bird, but fluffier."
Polly Blitzer, editor-in-chief of Beauty Blitz, thinks the Biebs may just want to show off his pretty little forehead.
"People are getting Botox earlier and earlier these days. Maybe he's ready to let his smooth forehead see the light of day -- and [paparazzi] flashes," Blitzer told us.
While the old shaggy Bieber cut was clearly his own (and a little Hilary Swank), this new look has obviously been inspired by some very powerful Hollywood players, most of them ladies.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Theresa Vail: From Army to Miss America to the Outdoor Channel
- Brian Johnson: Reports of AC/DC's death greatly exaggerated
- Co-eds doing porn to pay for school: Is Belle Knox a bellwether?
- ?Supernatural' recap: Follow the leader
- ?Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' react: Agents of Nothing
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- Tori and Dean: Shocking New Details About Their Lives After the Cheating Scandal
- ?Magic Mike XXL' Gets a Release Date!
- Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Heather Abbott Reunites with Rescuers
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Walk First Red Carpet Together Since Separating in August 2013
- Prince William Remembers Princess Diana in Australia as His Son George Channels His Baby Romper Look
- Tori Spelling Opens Up About Dean McDermott's Cheating Confession in First Post-Scandal Interview