Friends: CBS Can Beg, Charlie Is 'Never' Coming Back
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 25th 2011 09:24AM
CBS and Warner Bros. finally tranquilized the elephant in the room Thursday, saying in a statement that "based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statement, conduct and condition" they were shutting down production of 'Two and a Half Men,' TV's top comedy, for the remainder of the season. But if the goal is to one day welcome Charlie back to the top-rated show, sources close to the erratic actor tell me he wouldn't return to the set even if they begged.
"Charlie is furious that they have done this," a close friend of the actor tells me. "He has never been late for work, and what he does and says in his private life is none of [CBS's] business. He feels like they have made billions off him, and now they dare to pull his show just because they didn't like an interview he did."
I'm not defending Charlie, but it does seem bizarre that CBS was happy to turn a blind eye when their biggest actor was scaring porn stars and inhaling booze and drugs, but now that he has very publicly dissed his show's creator, Chuck Lorre ("a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk"), production has been halted.
What's Next? PopEater and RadarOnline.com Talk It Through:Charlie's most incendiary comments were made to TMZ when, talking about Lorre, he said, "That piece of s**t took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family -- my crew's pocket. You can tell him one thing: I own him."
And with that, it seems Charlie has decided it's time to move on for good.
"At this moment he would never return to that show even if they begged him," another Charlie insider tells me. "He's given these fools the number one comedy on TV, and their feelings get hurt over a stupid radio interview. Nothing would get him back on that set. It's over. Done."
Well, he does have a little thing called a contract, so we'll see about that. In the meantime, Charlie is already claiming that he's taking his talents to HBO for an "epic" show called 'Sheen's Corner.' Not surprisingly, a rep from HBO tells PopEater that there is "no truth to this."
Sheen's buddy also tells me that the actor will start "making movies with superstars" again. 'Major League 3'!!!
On Tuesday, I exclusively reported that CBS finally had enough of Charlie and were having internal discussions about carrying on 'Two and a Half Men' without its biggest star.
"The big question is can the show survive without Charlie," an insider with direct knowledge of the talks told me. "Would the show take a big hit? Yes, but if they found the right person to replace him it would survive and maybe even grow."
What do you think? Would you watch 'Men' with a Charlie replacement? Should CBS just cut their losses and call it a day?
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
Charlie Sheen, pretty much summing everything up on Feb. 21. More Pics >>
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Premiere Recap: First Dances Bring Gaffes, Greatness
- Miss Nebraska Megan Swanson Flashes Underwear on Live TV; Angelina Jolie Looks Sporty in Shorts with Brad Pitt: Top 5 Stories
- Khloe Kardashian Jokingly Blames Pregnant Sister Kourtney For Her Weight Gain
- Fallen PALINtician! Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Emerges Looking Haggard In Wake Of Alleged Family Brawl ? Where's Her Wedding Ring?!
- Sarah Palin's Haggard And Without Wedding Ring Post Alleged Brawl
- Crumbling Empire: Teresa Giudice Lists Beloved Jersey Shore House & Family Boat After Mansion Put On Market ? Ahead Of October Sentencing Date
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- Ranking the Awkwardness on the Dancing with the Stars Premiere: What Made Us Cringe the Most?
- Sarah Palin Goes Makeup-Free—and Kinda, Sorta Gives the Finger—After Family Is Involved in Drunken Fight
- I Know What You Did Last Summer Is Coming Back to the Big Screen—Get the Details!