Photos: Stars Arrive at the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards
Awards season is coming to a close -- but not before the biggest stars and filmmakers of independent movies are honored.
Early winners included James Franco won Best Male Lead for his performance in the Danny Boyle drama '127 Hours,' in which he plays real-life mountain climber Aron Ralston, who was forced to amputate his own arm after it became trapped by a boulder in 2003.
Franco, who is co-hosting this Sunday's Oscar telecast with Anne Hathaway, previously won Best Supporting Male in 2009 for 'Milk.'
Meanwhile, Dale Dickey was awarded Best Supporting Actress for 'Winter's Bone.' The film leads the pack with seven nominations total, and is a heavy favorite to win Best Feature.
Lena Dunham won the ceremony's first award -- Best First Screenplay, for her criticially acclaimed film 'Tiny Furniture.' 'Black Swan' lenser Matthew Libatique followed with a win in the Best Cinematography category.
Check out our all-access red carpet gallery after the jump.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Cindy Crawford pulls her kids out of school, cites concerns for their safety
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp reportedly call it quits after three years
- Bill Murray's 'Rock the Kasbah' to Hit Theaters in Spring 2015
- NBC's 'Working the Engels' Canceled
- Anna Wintour Accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut in ?Cabaret'
- ?Pretty Little Liars' actors star in a short film about cults
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt on 'Sin City 2,' 'Sandman,' and a 'Star Wars' Cameo
- 'Hunger Games' Traveling Museum, Theme Parks Coming Soon
- The 30 Best Simpsons Episodes Ever (VIDEO)