Billy Crystal Returns to the Oscars Stage
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2011 10:37PM
"So where was I," Crystal joked when hitting the stage. "Some things never change. The producers have asked me to tell you we are running a little long, so here are the nominees for Best Picture."
"The first televised Oscars was in 1953. I was five years old so for those of you who stink in math I'm 47. The host that year was Bob Hope. He hosted it 18 times. I hosted it eight, and I was pooped after two. Bob was the Oscars. He was funny, he was classy and he was what I think the Oscar host must be: a sexy movie star."
"I never worked with Bob Hope, I never met him, but one night we had a great moment together here on the stage of the Academy Awards," Crystal remembered. "Bob was sitting [there] and it made me a little jittery that he was in the audience. So I thought of a good, strong joke and I found myself looking at Bob Hope's face. And the camera was on him and he laughed and applauded and I introduced him and he blew me a kiss and gave me an affectionate little wave, and it meant the world to me," Crystal remembered. "And when the camera went away, he flipped me off. So I guess you could say we worked together."
2011 Oscars Red Carpet Photos
Actress Natalie Portman arrives before the 83rd Academy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2011, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Comic-Con: Which Movies Could Benefit From Panel Buzz?
- Former Disney Chief Michael Eisner: A Woman Who Is Funny and Beautiful Is "Impossible to Find"
- Jim Carrey Apologizes for Tweeting Photo of Autistic Boy in Anti-Vaccination Rant
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious