Melissa Leo Quickly Apologizes for Her Oscars F-Bomb
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2011 10:14PM
"I'm just shaking in my boots here," 'The Fighter' star said. "Yeah, I am kind of speechless. When I watched Kate [Winslet] two years ago it looked so much f**king easier."
Backstage, Leo was quick to apologize for her obscenity. "I had no idea. This word ... I apologize to anyone that they offended. There's a great deal of the English language that is in my vernacular. I really don't mean to offend, and it's probably a very inappropriate place to use that particular word."
Leo also had some thoughts on Kirk Douglas, who presented Leo her Oscar after plenty of procrastinating. "He's really funny. He's an old actor. He was actually doing us all this huge favor. The longer he strung it out, the calmer I got to be. I got to take more than once glance at Amy [Adams], who was just a few rows from me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Fans: Maroon 5's 'Animals' music video violent and 'disturbing'
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Donald Trump: ABC's 'Black-ish' Title Is Racist
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'The 100': Watch First 3 Minutes From Season 2 Premiere
- Firsts & Worsts: Annaleigh Ashford on ?Sex,' superstition, and Cyndi Lauper
- Minus some missteps, ?Shadow of Mordor' is one of the year's best games
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Rumor Roundup: Searching for Luke Skywalker
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Stalker' Premiere, 'The Bridge' Season Finale, and More Picks
- Watch Matthew McConaughey Explore the Galaxy in This New 'Interstellar' Trailer