Charlie Sheen Calls Father's Support 'Bollocks'
By Zach Dionne Posted Feb 28th 2011 10:05AM
In one of his several new sit-down interviews, Charlie Sheen calls out father Martin Sheen to RadarOnline.com.
In an earlier chat with Sky News, Martin said of his son's struggle, "He's an extraordinary man. If he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."
Sheen's response? "Sounds poetic, but it's rooted in bollocks."
The 'Two and a Half Men' star's reasoning behind the "bollocks" comment is that his father believes in Alcoholics Anonymous, which Charlie has denounced with great rhetoric. "He's subscribing to the model that I think is absolutely fictional on its best day, for me," Charlie says.
"He says you're an addict," Radar's senior executive editor Dylan Howard prods.
"He's entitled to believe whatever he wants," Sheen answers.
"Do you think you're an addict?" Howard asks.
"No. No, I don't. Because that's a word and a thing that they tried to stick on me for 22 years," Sheen says, later adding, "My conduct is bitchin', my condition is perfect."
Told of Martin Sheen's comparison of addiction and cancer, Charlie Sheen gets riled up in the video. "OK, Pop -- walk through a cancer ward right now and find any of those motherf***ers who look like me," Charlie says.
Sheen's 23-year-old porn star girlfriend Bree Olson -- retired from adult entertainment, according to Sheen -- stood just off-camera during the interview and was mentioned openly.
See the 26-minute video interview at RadarOnline.com >>
Charlie Sheen to CBS: 'We're at War' >>
Watch PopEater editors weigh in on Sheen's hard-partying ways:
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa and Joe Gorga Show Off Ripped Beach Bodies, Get Up Close and Personal With Parrots
- Katy Perry on Super Bowl Halftime Costumes: "It's Going to Be Flaming Hot, Not a Cheeto"
- Christina Aguilera Says Baby Daughter Summer and Son Max Are BFFs!
- Extra security planned for Bill Cosby's show in Ohio
- Danny Trejo plays Marcia Brady in Snickers spot, but always had crush on her mom
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs
- Stacey Dash Outrages With Remarks on Campus Rape: ''Bad Girls...Who Like to Be Naughty Might Go Out and Play and Get Hurt''
- Culottes, Leather Dresses and Middle Part Updos Are Some Hot New Trends—Are You Rocking Them? Show Us!
- Hot Mama Alert! Kourtney Kardashian Shows Off Skinny Post-Baby Body Less Than 6 Weeks After Giving Birth