Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Dress 'Didn't Have Enough Support' Says Stylist Elyse Walker
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Feb 28th 2011 04:00PM
As a renowned stylist and boutique owner, Elyse Walker shares her love for fashion with a large celebrity clientele. When it comes to stars who need a fresh new look, Walker is the first person they've got on speed dial.
Ask any fashion fanatic, the best part of any awards show is the red carpet arrivals, and last night's Academy Awards were no different. From daring decolletage to feathery frocks, star after star stepped onto the red carpet in looks worthing of winning awards all their own.
"I thought the fit of Jennifer Hudson's dress was very distracting. She's such a beautiful girl, but that dress didn't have enough support on top," Walker said of the singer and actress.
PopEater sat down with Walker to put her fashion knowledge to the test. See who Elyse Walker named best and worst dressed at the 2011 Academy Awards after the jump!
Best dressed: Halle Berry in Marchesa.
Worst dressed: Cate Blanchett in Givenchy.
Favorite red carpet look:
Right now, it's definitely Mila Kunis. I really didn't expect her to have so many major fashion moments, but she got it right at every single awards show this season. Her Elie Saab dress was absolutely stunning, and she wore a different color than everyone else. Her makeup and hair also worked with the softness and femininity of her dress.
Biggest style surprise:
Jennifer Lawrence, she was flawless last night, and it will be fun to watch her grow.
Most fashionable couple:
Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham. She definitely gets the award for best hair and makeup.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
- Russell Simmons Inks Overall Deal With HBO (Exclusive)
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs North American Rights to Clio Barnard's 'The Selfish Giant'
- Cannes: Bidder Pays $1.5 Million for Trip to Space with Leonardo DiCaprio
- Pop Culture Pet Peeve: Chain your door if you're in danger!
- Lucille Bluth vs. the Disney Princesses
- Robert Kirkman talks about his crime comic ?Thief of Thieves.' Plus: check out the first four pages of the new issue ? EXCLUSIVE
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son
- 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel
- 'Rush' Trailer: Death Is Something That Happens to Other People