Jennifer Hudson's Oscar Dress 'Didn't Have Enough Support' Says Stylist Elyse Walker
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Feb 28th 2011 04:00PM
As a renowned stylist and boutique owner, Elyse Walker shares her love for fashion with a large celebrity clientele. When it comes to stars who need a fresh new look, Walker is the first person they've got on speed dial.
Ask any fashion fanatic, the best part of any awards show is the red carpet arrivals, and last night's Academy Awards were no different. From daring decolletage to feathery frocks, star after star stepped onto the red carpet in looks worthing of winning awards all their own.
"I thought the fit of Jennifer Hudson's dress was very distracting. She's such a beautiful girl, but that dress didn't have enough support on top," Walker said of the singer and actress.
PopEater sat down with Walker to put her fashion knowledge to the test. See who Elyse Walker named best and worst dressed at the 2011 Academy Awards after the jump!
Best dressed: Halle Berry in Marchesa.
Worst dressed: Cate Blanchett in Givenchy.
Favorite red carpet look:
Right now, it's definitely Mila Kunis. I really didn't expect her to have so many major fashion moments, but she got it right at every single awards show this season. Her Elie Saab dress was absolutely stunning, and she wore a different color than everyone else. Her makeup and hair also worked with the softness and femininity of her dress.
Biggest style surprise:
Jennifer Lawrence, she was flawless last night, and it will be fun to watch her grow.
Most fashionable couple:
Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham. She definitely gets the award for best hair and makeup.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom Fight: The Greatest Reactions (Photos)
- Wilton Schiller, Who Produced the Record-Breaking Episode of 'The Fugitive,' Dies at 95
- DirecTV's 'Kingdom' Trailer: Frank Grillo, Nick Jonas Star in MMA Drama (Video)
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe ?Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- The 'Kingdom' Trailer Takes Mixed Martial Arts to the Next Level (VIDEO)
- William Shatner Might Be Bringing the Funny to 'Ted 2'
- Peter Jackson Would Love to See a Guillermo del Toro-Directed 'Skull Island'