Sandra and Scarlett Keep Their Distance at the Oscars
By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 28th 2011 01:40PM
The rift between once-good friends Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Johansson still appears to be going strong, with both ladies avoiding each other like the plague at the Academy Awards on Sunday.
"It seemed like both of their arrivals were carefully staged to make sure they were never on the red carpet together," an insider tells me. "They both knew the other was presenting so it was no surprise that they would be at the same event, but they sure managed to keep away from one another."
Scarlett showed up at the Oscars with her agent, Joe Machota, by her side, while Sandra, wearing blazing red, looked happy working the carpet all by herself.
Any tension between the two ladies comes from the fact that since Scarlett and her husband Ryan Reynolds filed for divorce in December, Sandra has been seen multiple times with the actor. They insist they're just friends, and Ryan and Scarlett were even seen having lunch together in late January, fueling rumors they were getting back together.
"So much has happened to Sandra in the past 12 months since she won an Oscar that I'm sure she wanted a drama-free night on Sunday," a friend of the actress tells me.
As last year's winner for best actress, Sandra was obliged to present an award on Sunday. "Whether or not Scarlett would be attending had nothing to do with her decision to attend, and what she does in her private life with a man that is getting divorced is entirely up to her."
Although, people who know Sandy best suspect the only man she's thinking about right now is her little son, Louis.
2011 Oscars Red Carpet Photos
'True Grit' star and nominee Hailee Steinfeld stuns on the red carpet at the 2011 Academy Awards. Check Out More Pics from this year's Oscars ceremony>>>
MORE ABOUT Sandra Bullock
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sandra Bullock Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Mystery still surrounds the whereabouts of Casey Kasem's remains
- LeAnn & Eddie recap: Has LeAnn forgotten her southern roots?
- Morgan Freeman Sucks on Helium Balloons With Jimmy Fallon (Video)
- World Cup Boosts Ratings, But Causes Loss for France's TF1
- 'Doctor Who' Showrunner: Peter Jackson Will 'Probably' Direct a Future Episode
- ?Veronica Mars' takes Fandom of the Year at mtvU's awards show
- Video: ?Harry Potter' meets ?Boyhood' in ?Potterhood' mock trailer
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)