Attorney Outraged at Charlie Sheen's Denial of Abusing Women
"No, women are not to be hit. They're to be hugged and caressed, you know?" Sheen told Piers Morgan after denying he had ever hit a woman. "I'm sorry, there was an incident years ago, and everybody thought I hit her. I was trying to contain her. I had her arms, and we both went to the ground ... her initials are B.A."
Now celebrity attorney Gloria Allred tells RadarOnline.com that Sheen's comments are "revolting and despicable."
In a statement to Radar, Allred says: "[Sheen] failed to state that he was charged with one count of battery with serious injury of my client, Brittany Ashland, Penal Code Section 243(d). He entered a plea of no contest to that charge. No contest has the same effect as a guilty plea for his crime."
On CNN, Sheen also waved off the incident on Christmas Day in 2009 when he allegedly harmed and threatened to kill wife Brooke Mueller. He told Morgan, "The scoreboard doesn't lie. The Aspen thing was thrown out. The judge was like, get this guy out of my county, he brings too much press with him."
Allred's response? "For that conviction, he was sentenced on the count of battery with serious injury to one year jail time, which was suspended. In addition, he was sentenced to two years of probation, $1,200 fine, 300 hours of community service and eight counseling sessions."
The hardest-hitting chunk of Allred's anti-Sheen screed follows:
PopEater filmed the word on the street surrounding Sheen's latest craziness -- see it here:
"I find it revolting and despicable that Charlie Sheen, who was convicted of a crime, should now be attacking his victim and trying to blame her for his crime. Charlie Sheen should look in the mirror and if he is honest with himself he will see a man who was convicted of battering his girlfriend, Brittany Ashland in Malibu, California, and who was also convicted of the crime of assaulting his wife and the mother of his little children, Brooke Mueller, in Aspen, Colorado. While Charlie Sheen appears to be trying to persuade the public that he is a victim, he ignores the true facts that he is the one who has victimized others."
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Mirabella Botti: Little People, Big World Wedding Photo
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- George Clooney Will Wear Giorgio Armani Tux to Wed Amal Alamuddin
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- 6 Things We Were Obsessed With While Watching Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run HBO Special
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Pole Dances at the Airport With Husband Marco Perego—See the Hilarious Video!
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!