Attorney Outraged at Charlie Sheen's Denial of Abusing Women
"No, women are not to be hit. They're to be hugged and caressed, you know?" Sheen told Piers Morgan after denying he had ever hit a woman. "I'm sorry, there was an incident years ago, and everybody thought I hit her. I was trying to contain her. I had her arms, and we both went to the ground ... her initials are B.A."
Now celebrity attorney Gloria Allred tells RadarOnline.com that Sheen's comments are "revolting and despicable."
In a statement to Radar, Allred says: "[Sheen] failed to state that he was charged with one count of battery with serious injury of my client, Brittany Ashland, Penal Code Section 243(d). He entered a plea of no contest to that charge. No contest has the same effect as a guilty plea for his crime."
On CNN, Sheen also waved off the incident on Christmas Day in 2009 when he allegedly harmed and threatened to kill wife Brooke Mueller. He told Morgan, "The scoreboard doesn't lie. The Aspen thing was thrown out. The judge was like, get this guy out of my county, he brings too much press with him."
Allred's response? "For that conviction, he was sentenced on the count of battery with serious injury to one year jail time, which was suspended. In addition, he was sentenced to two years of probation, $1,200 fine, 300 hours of community service and eight counseling sessions."
The hardest-hitting chunk of Allred's anti-Sheen screed follows:
PopEater filmed the word on the street surrounding Sheen's latest craziness -- see it here:
"I find it revolting and despicable that Charlie Sheen, who was convicted of a crime, should now be attacking his victim and trying to blame her for his crime. Charlie Sheen should look in the mirror and if he is honest with himself he will see a man who was convicted of battering his girlfriend, Brittany Ashland in Malibu, California, and who was also convicted of the crime of assaulting his wife and the mother of his little children, Brooke Mueller, in Aspen, Colorado. While Charlie Sheen appears to be trying to persuade the public that he is a victim, he ignores the true facts that he is the one who has victimized others."
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe a "Miserable Person"; Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Debuts: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Nick Lachey Posts Shirtless Photo Working on a Roof: Sexy Picture
- Blake Lively's Preserve Website Video: Watch the Weird, Slightly Sinister Introductory Clip
- 24 Weeks And Growing! Tila Tequila Shows Off Her Baby Body! Posts Bra-Undies Picture On Facebook But Says She's ?Raising Her Alone'
- Baby Love! Mila Kunis And Ashton Kutcher's Nursery D
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Kerry Washington Is Back to Work on Scandal Post-Baby—See the Pic!
- Big Brother Recap: Ariana Grande's Brother Frankie Learns Of His Grandfather's Death & Another Houseguest Goes Home
- Frank Caliendo Reads LeBron James' "Coming Home" Letter in Morgan Freeman's Voice: Watch and You're Welcome