Natalie Portman 'Disgusted' by Designer's Remarks
Galliano allegedly spewed anti-Semitic remarks at a couple last week while out drinking in Paris. No charges were filed, but it has Hollywood and the fashion industry reeling.
"I am deeply shocked and disgusted by the video of John Galliano's comments that surfaced today," Portman said in a statement. "In light of this video, and as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way."
Portman currently has an endorsement deal with with Dior for its Miss Dior Cherie fragrance, and she can be seen in a new ad promoting the perfume.
The actress was reportedly planning to wear a Dior gown to the Academy Awards on Sunday, but made a last-minute switch after news broke of Galliano's outburst. She ended up wearing a purple gown by Rodarte, who also designed the costumes for 'Black Swan.'
"I hope at the very least, these terrible comments remind us to reflect and act upon combating these still-existing prejudices that are the opposite of all that is beautiful," Portman continued.
Galliano was caught on video hurling shocking insults toward bar patrons, including comments such as "I love Hitler," according to the U.K.'s Sun newspaper. He continued, saying, "People like you would be dead today. Your mothers, your forefathers would be f**king gassed."
Dior has since suspended Galliano, who was in Paris preparing for Paris Fashion Week.
MORE ABOUT Natalie Portman
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Natalie Portman Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Game Of Thrones' stars get big pay raise
- Garth Brooks to give fans sneak peek of new album on Halloween
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Can scientists be sexy?
- 'Heaven Knows What' Wins Best Film Award at Tokyo Festival, Tim Burton Gets Honored
- 'Killing Fields' Director Roland Joffe to Head up Camerimage Jury
- ?Lucy' Star Amr Waked Talks Luc Besson, Netflix's ?Marco Polo,' Egypt Revolution
- Best of Late Night TV: Gordon Ramsay's Pet Pigs and Chris Rock's Top Halloween Costumes (VIDEO)
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food