Natalie Portman 'Disgusted' by Designer's Remarks
Galliano allegedly spewed anti-Semitic remarks at a couple last week while out drinking in Paris. No charges were filed, but it has Hollywood and the fashion industry reeling.
"I am deeply shocked and disgusted by the video of John Galliano's comments that surfaced today," Portman said in a statement. "In light of this video, and as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way."
Portman currently has an endorsement deal with with Dior for its Miss Dior Cherie fragrance, and she can be seen in a new ad promoting the perfume.
The actress was reportedly planning to wear a Dior gown to the Academy Awards on Sunday, but made a last-minute switch after news broke of Galliano's outburst. She ended up wearing a purple gown by Rodarte, who also designed the costumes for 'Black Swan.'
"I hope at the very least, these terrible comments remind us to reflect and act upon combating these still-existing prejudices that are the opposite of all that is beautiful," Portman continued.
Galliano was caught on video hurling shocking insults toward bar patrons, including comments such as "I love Hitler," according to the U.K.'s Sun newspaper. He continued, saying, "People like you would be dead today. Your mothers, your forefathers would be f**king gassed."
Dior has since suspended Galliano, who was in Paris preparing for Paris Fashion Week.
MORE ABOUT Natalie Portman
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Natalie Portman Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Tan Mom makes an unfortunate music video
- ?Daily Show' co-creator Lizz Winstead sparks outrage with Oklahoma tornado joke about conservatives
- Country star Toby Keith says tornado-ravaged Okla. hometown is 'resilient,' planning benefit
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyes Sale of TV Channels Arm (Report)
- Cannes: Indian Director Anurag Kashyap on His Five Films on the Croisette (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- ?Glee': I don't know what month the show is taking place in and it's driving me insane!
- Nine highlights from Microsoft's debut of next-gen Xbox One
- ?Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitz takes EW's Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret