Bravo's Andy Cohen Says School Kids 'Ruined Everything' at Oscars
By Nicki Gostin Posted Mar 2nd 2011 02:30PM
"It was just bad," he professed on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' on Tuesday. "It was just awful. It was horrible."
Not finished chiding the kids, he carried on about how much he abhorred the performance. "I literally -- if I wasn't going to go out to some parties I would have slit [my wrists] right then. It was the worst. I was looking for a knife to stick in my eyes, it was so terrible." Ouch.
Cohen compared them to Up With People, a singing group from the '70s. They were a saccharine choir made up of fresh-scrubbed teens with sensible haircuts (no long hair on the boys).
So what was it exactly about those munchkins clad in multi-hued tees that so offended the man who brings us 'Housewives,' 'Millionaire Matchmaker' and 'Tabatha's Salon Takeover'?
"Not the time," said Cohen firmly. "Everything has its time and place. The end of the Oscars is -- we don't want to see this. You just ruined everything."
Gregg Breinberg, P.S. 22's charismatic choral director, had a quick retort, telling the New York Daily News, "Anyone who would diss 10-year-old public school kids probably has some issues."
By Tuesday night, Cohen labeled himself the "Jackhole of the Week" during a segment on 'Watch What Happens Live.' He said that he was a product of public education and that the school kids didn't deserve his dissing.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Woody Allen on relationship with Soon-Yi: She responded to someone who was paternal
- Travis Tritt safe after fire threatens Georgia home
- Ben Affleck denies affair rumors as ex-nanny's friends tell a different story
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Brother Lashes Out at 'Morbid' Twitter Followers: 'They Don't Love You Till You're Famous or Gone'
- Paula Deen Shoots Down Divorce Rumors
- Ben Affleck's 'Gone Baby Gone' Co-Star Sean Malone Dies at 54
- Caitlyn Jenner Slips Her Curves Into a Sexy Black Jumpsuit: See Her Latest Street Style!
- Ciara Opens Up About Struggle to Stay Celibate With Russell Wilson: Watch Us Weekly's Loose Talk Video
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Review: Tom Cruise Is as Game as Ever in "Smart and Satisfying" Blockbuster