Bravo's Andy Cohen Says School Kids 'Ruined Everything' at Oscars
By Nicki Gostin Posted Mar 2nd 2011 02:30PM
"It was just bad," he professed on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' on Tuesday. "It was just awful. It was horrible."
Not finished chiding the kids, he carried on about how much he abhorred the performance. "I literally -- if I wasn't going to go out to some parties I would have slit [my wrists] right then. It was the worst. I was looking for a knife to stick in my eyes, it was so terrible." Ouch.
Cohen compared them to Up With People, a singing group from the '70s. They were a saccharine choir made up of fresh-scrubbed teens with sensible haircuts (no long hair on the boys).
So what was it exactly about those munchkins clad in multi-hued tees that so offended the man who brings us 'Housewives,' 'Millionaire Matchmaker' and 'Tabatha's Salon Takeover'?
"Not the time," said Cohen firmly. "Everything has its time and place. The end of the Oscars is -- we don't want to see this. You just ruined everything."
Gregg Breinberg, P.S. 22's charismatic choral director, had a quick retort, telling the New York Daily News, "Anyone who would diss 10-year-old public school kids probably has some issues."
By Tuesday night, Cohen labeled himself the "Jackhole of the Week" during a segment on 'Watch What Happens Live.' He said that he was a product of public education and that the school kids didn't deserve his dissing.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- One Direction fans attack Lorde's boyfriend with racist tweets
- The Golden Globe Comedy and Musical nominees: Where laughter goes to die
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globe nominations: Reactions from Matthew McConaughey, Kerry Washington & more
- 'Fit Mom' Controversy: Maria Kang Opens Up About Battle with Bulimia
- Breakup Alert! Madonna Is Single Again
- Lea Michele Reveals She's Still ?Trying' to Figure Things Out After Losing Cory Monteith