Charlie Sheen Loses Sons, but Daughters Are Safe With Denise Richards
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 2nd 2011 12:44PM
EXCLUSIVE: Despite reports that Denise Richards' daughters, Sam, 7, and Lola, 6, are with their father, Charlie Sheen, sources tell me both young ladies are at home with their mother, far away from all the drama.
"No way would Denise let her daughters be part of the insanity that's going on right now. Her first priority is Sam and Lola, and she would never allow them to be part of this circus," a source close to the actress tells me.
Denise has worked hard in the past year or so to make sure her children know as little as possible about their dad's assorted vices, whether they be drug or women-related. But with Charlie's assault on the media over the last few days, it's become increasingly hard for her to fend off their natural curiosity. The girls are now at an age when they are starting to ask questions about him.
"You can't turn on a TV this week and not see Charlie hanging out with his so-called 'goddesses' or ranting about CBS," my source complains. "But what you have to remember is that none of this is new for the people in his life."
HOW CHARLIE FEELS RIGHT NOW:Because of his visibility, millions of fans and observers are just now getting a glimpse of Charlie's manic side, but sources close to the star say, "This is the version of Charlie that Denise and others have had to deal with every day for many years."
Caught in the middle of this tragic mess are Sam and Lola's half-brothers, Max and Bob. The boys were removed from Charlie's home last night under the instruction of a judge who ordered they be returned to the actor's soon-to-be ex-wife Brooke Mueller.
Denise has full custody of her daughters with Charlie. According to the Los Angeles Times and KTLA 5, the actress showed up at some point during the night to check on Sam and Lola. But that report has only added confusion to what really went down.
On Twitter, Denise said she "got the kids off to bed" and was going to relax for the rest of the night but later deleted the message after she became aware that police had removed Charlie's sons from his home.
"Denise tweets about her daughters all the time," the friend tells me. "However, after she found out what was going on she removed it. She wants to keep her family out of this mess in real life and on Twitter."
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Caitlyn Jenner's 1984 Olympic Torch Could Fetch $20,000 or More at Auction
- Miley Cyrus Enjoys PDA-Filled Date Night With Model Stella Maxwell: Details!
- Ryan Reynolds Says Daughter James Looks Like Him — Plus, He's Holding Her "Perfect" Now, Okay?!
- BET, Bounce TV pull 'Cosby Show' reruns from air
- Paula Deen blasted for brownface Twitter picture
- LAPD investigating Bill Cosby's alleged sexual abuse of young model
- What Split? Kourtney Kardashian Wears Sexy White Outfit to Dinner With Khloé and Kim as Sisters Unite for Silly Selfies Fest!
- Johnny Depp, Er, Captain Jack Sparrow Makes a Heartwarming Visit to a Children's Hospital in Australia
- Busy Philipps and BFF Michelle Williams Star in Dawson's Creek ''Answer'' on Jeopardy!: Check It Out!