Charlie Sheen Loses Sons, but Daughters Are Safe With Denise Richards
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 2nd 2011 12:44PM
EXCLUSIVE: Despite reports that Denise Richards' daughters, Sam, 7, and Lola, 6, are with their father, Charlie Sheen, sources tell me both young ladies are at home with their mother, far away from all the drama.
"No way would Denise let her daughters be part of the insanity that's going on right now. Her first priority is Sam and Lola, and she would never allow them to be part of this circus," a source close to the actress tells me.
Denise has worked hard in the past year or so to make sure her children know as little as possible about their dad's assorted vices, whether they be drug or women-related. But with Charlie's assault on the media over the last few days, it's become increasingly hard for her to fend off their natural curiosity. The girls are now at an age when they are starting to ask questions about him.
"You can't turn on a TV this week and not see Charlie hanging out with his so-called 'goddesses' or ranting about CBS," my source complains. "But what you have to remember is that none of this is new for the people in his life."
HOW CHARLIE FEELS RIGHT NOW:Because of his visibility, millions of fans and observers are just now getting a glimpse of Charlie's manic side, but sources close to the star say, "This is the version of Charlie that Denise and others have had to deal with every day for many years."
Caught in the middle of this tragic mess are Sam and Lola's half-brothers, Max and Bob. The boys were removed from Charlie's home last night under the instruction of a judge who ordered they be returned to the actor's soon-to-be ex-wife Brooke Mueller.
Denise has full custody of her daughters with Charlie. According to the Los Angeles Times and KTLA 5, the actress showed up at some point during the night to check on Sam and Lola. But that report has only added confusion to what really went down.
On Twitter, Denise said she "got the kids off to bed" and was going to relax for the rest of the night but later deleted the message after she became aware that police had removed Charlie's sons from his home.
"Denise tweets about her daughters all the time," the friend tells me. "However, after she found out what was going on she removed it. She wants to keep her family out of this mess in real life and on Twitter."
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!