Charlie Sheen's Goddesses Are Insulting to Women Everywhere
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 2nd 2011 08:00PM
Watch any of Sheen's live interviews in his posh Hollywood estate and you will see one of his two goddesses, Natty, a bikini model, and Rach (also known as Bree, her porn name) scurrying about in the background, making coffee, fetching one of Charlie's twins or generally giggling (cowering?) behind sunglasses while they watch their lord and master do his thing on camera.
"He treats these women like they are interchangeable objects," says Jessica Wakeman, a blogger for The Frisky, a pop culture site for young women. "He is a rich, white, attractive dude who has power in Hollywood and because of that he is sending a message to people that it is acceptable to treat women like this."
Sheen refers to these ladies as his goddesses, often with a sly smirk. Both are in their early 20s and if we want to call a spade a spade, look much more like his daughters than his lovers. In fact, one friend of mine told me she threw up a little in her mouth when she saw Charlie make out with Bree on television.
"I really thought he was her dad," she said.
Here's the Goddess Segment from '20/20'
Yahoo Shine's Piper Weiss agrees the whole polyamorous scenario is beyond creepy.
"These women seem pretty young. I'm not saying they're underage, but they do seem kind of tragic because he's this old guy who's throwing money at them," Weiss told us. "They seem like concubines -- old school concubines."
On 'The Howard Stern Show' Tuesday morning, Sheen revealed the sleeping arrangement he has worked out with the goddesses, whereby they each sleep in their own beds in the same room. When he is ready to retire, Charlie enters the room like a monarch and chooses between the two. We wonder which one sighs in relief.
Particularly insulting in this entire scenario is the use of the term goddess, a typically sacred title used to refer to a woman who is treated with special reverence.
A more apt moniker in this case would be sex slave, although it doesn't sound as pretty in live interviews.
"The truth is that the women seem more like sex slaves, but to not insult them to their faces he calls them 'goddesses,' a term that women use to embrace power, the opposite of what he seems to really mean by that term. He also is very clear about why he likes prostitutes, so you do the math," says Cooper Lawrence, 'Cult of Celebrity' author and radio personality on the Scott & Todd show on WPLJ.
Weiss adds that there is something creepily similar in this scenario to the Manson Family.
"There's also something very Manson girls to it. They're these docile believers in a man the world knows has lost it," Weiss says. She also wonders, "Why is it so often young women? And why aren't we more concerned for these girls' well-being?"
That is a fair question. While Sheen may appear all lovey dovey to the goddesses when the cameras are rolling, he has a history of extreme violence against women, most recently his reported attack on an escort in a Plaza hotel room. Before that he was charged with domestic abuse against his ex-wife Brooke Mueller, who alleged he held a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her.
This goddess situation is like dynamite waiting for a match and in the meantime sends a degrading message about how American men with power and money can and do treat the women in their lives.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bow Wow, Erica Mena Engaged After Six-Month Romance, Get Coordinating Engagement Ring and Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Rocks Full Beard, Man Bun as he Receives Clinton Global Citizen Award for Environmental Campaigning
- Emma Watson Makes Impassioned Speech on Feminism and Gender Equality at U.N. Headquarters, Says Feminism isn't "Anti-Men or Unattractive"
- ?RHONY' Star Sonja Morgan In Desperate Fight To Keep Her Home In Bankruptcy Battle
- Stay Away! Britney Spears’ Las Vegas Staff Is On ?High Alert' For Sightings Of Her ?Idiot' Ex
- Sloppy Seconds! Joe Jonas Hooks Up With His Brother Nick Jonas’ Ex-Girlfriend, Gigi Hadid ? Brotherly Love?
- Hilary Duff says new album will reflect Texas roots
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Raps "Scenario"—Watch Now!
- The Good Wife Bosses Talk Shocking Status Change, Alicia and Kalinda's Friendship and More Season 6 Scoop
- Once Upon a Time's Frozen Premiere: Anna's Insane Voice, Regina's Awesome Twist and Everything You Need to Know!