Charlie Sheen Becomes an Internet Meme
By Rae Votta Posted Mar 2nd 2011 07:00PM
Charlie Sheen has not only been taking over traditional media, but he has also set the web on fire. His newly established Twitter account surpassed 100,000 followers in an hour without a single tweet. Internet junkies have been manipulating his quotes into various memes to celebrate how much the former 'Two and A Half Men' star is winning this week.
Sheen Quote Generator
LiveTheSheenDream has a quote generator of all of Charlie's best sayings during this media blitz. Need a little Sheen? Just click his head and get a word of wisdom. And if you need even more Sheen in your life, you can buy a shirt with one of his phrases on it. (Wonder if Charlie is getting a cut?)
We've got a roundup of more Sheen memes after the jump.
Charlie Sheen Quotes As New Yorker Captions
The geniuses at BuzzFeed have reimagined Charlie Sheen quotes as New Yorker captions, a la the infamous Kanye West New Yorker captions. Our favorites:
Who Said It: Charlie Sheen or Ron Burgundy
CollegeHumor asks the eternal question: Did Charlie Sheen or fictional newscaster Ron Burgundy say this? The quotes are more difficult to place than you think.
The creative forces at Reddit put an unexpected twist on the Sheen fiasco and imagined Charlie's quotes flipped from potentially vulgar to positive. Our friends at Urlesque have a great roundup of the meme, but we've picked a few of our own favorites.
Animals + Sheen
In the most classic form of meme-ification, Sheen is simply paired with adorable animals, such as Cats Quoting Charlie Sheen, Charlie Sheen Quotes Presented By Baby Sloths and Charlie Sheen's Craziest Quotes Presented by Bunnies, to name a few.
And that's all in less than a week of insanity. We can't wait to see what other memes develop.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!