Charlie Sheen Becomes an Internet Meme
By Rae Votta Posted Mar 2nd 2011 07:00PM
Charlie Sheen has not only been taking over traditional media, but he has also set the web on fire. His newly established Twitter account surpassed 100,000 followers in an hour without a single tweet. Internet junkies have been manipulating his quotes into various memes to celebrate how much the former 'Two and A Half Men' star is winning this week.
Sheen Quote Generator
LiveTheSheenDream has a quote generator of all of Charlie's best sayings during this media blitz. Need a little Sheen? Just click his head and get a word of wisdom. And if you need even more Sheen in your life, you can buy a shirt with one of his phrases on it. (Wonder if Charlie is getting a cut?)
We've got a roundup of more Sheen memes after the jump.
Charlie Sheen Quotes As New Yorker Captions
The geniuses at BuzzFeed have reimagined Charlie Sheen quotes as New Yorker captions, a la the infamous Kanye West New Yorker captions. Our favorites:
Who Said It: Charlie Sheen or Ron Burgundy
CollegeHumor asks the eternal question: Did Charlie Sheen or fictional newscaster Ron Burgundy say this? The quotes are more difficult to place than you think.
The creative forces at Reddit put an unexpected twist on the Sheen fiasco and imagined Charlie's quotes flipped from potentially vulgar to positive. Our friends at Urlesque have a great roundup of the meme, but we've picked a few of our own favorites.
Animals + Sheen
In the most classic form of meme-ification, Sheen is simply paired with adorable animals, such as Cats Quoting Charlie Sheen, Charlie Sheen Quotes Presented By Baby Sloths and Charlie Sheen's Craziest Quotes Presented by Bunnies, to name a few.
And that's all in less than a week of insanity. We can't wait to see what other memes develop.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joy Behar: Nicolle Wallace Is "a Day at the Beach" Compared to Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- Bethany Mota Reflects on Dancing With the Stars After Tough Elimination: "I've Learned to Take More Risks"
- Independent Spirit Awards 2015 Nominations Announced: See the List of Nominees Including Emma Stone, Jake Gyllenhaal, Birdman, and More
- The Show Must Go On! Tori Spelling Says She Plans To Continue ‘True Tori’ Without Husband Dean McDermott
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- Garth Brooks cancels talk show appearances after Ferguson 'unrest'
- Kate Mara Takes a Shower With James Marsden for Steamy Photoshoot, Says She's Never Been Jealous of Sister Rooney
- Remember When Lenny Kravitz Wore a Scarf That Was Practically a Huge Blanket Around His Neck?
- Lady Gaga Wears Inflatable, Spiky Star Dress, Brings H&M Holiday Magic With Tony Bennett—Watch Now!