Charlie Sheen Becomes an Internet Meme
By Rae Votta Posted Mar 2nd 2011 07:00PM
Charlie Sheen has not only been taking over traditional media, but he has also set the web on fire. His newly established Twitter account surpassed 100,000 followers in an hour without a single tweet. Internet junkies have been manipulating his quotes into various memes to celebrate how much the former 'Two and A Half Men' star is winning this week.
Sheen Quote Generator
LiveTheSheenDream has a quote generator of all of Charlie's best sayings during this media blitz. Need a little Sheen? Just click his head and get a word of wisdom. And if you need even more Sheen in your life, you can buy a shirt with one of his phrases on it. (Wonder if Charlie is getting a cut?)
We've got a roundup of more Sheen memes after the jump.
Charlie Sheen Quotes As New Yorker Captions
The geniuses at BuzzFeed have reimagined Charlie Sheen quotes as New Yorker captions, a la the infamous Kanye West New Yorker captions. Our favorites:
Who Said It: Charlie Sheen or Ron Burgundy
CollegeHumor asks the eternal question: Did Charlie Sheen or fictional newscaster Ron Burgundy say this? The quotes are more difficult to place than you think.
The creative forces at Reddit put an unexpected twist on the Sheen fiasco and imagined Charlie's quotes flipped from potentially vulgar to positive. Our friends at Urlesque have a great roundup of the meme, but we've picked a few of our own favorites.
Animals + Sheen
In the most classic form of meme-ification, Sheen is simply paired with adorable animals, such as Cats Quoting Charlie Sheen, Charlie Sheen Quotes Presented By Baby Sloths and Charlie Sheen's Craziest Quotes Presented by Bunnies, to name a few.
And that's all in less than a week of insanity. We can't wait to see what other memes develop.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rihanna Kills It At the iHeartRadio Awards, Performs New Track "Bitch Better Have My Money" In Shortest Dress Ever ? Watch!
- Taylor Swift Gushes Over Gina Rodriguez, Gets Lost Onstage At the iHeartRadio Awards ? Watch the Funny Clip Here
- The Walking Dead Season 6: Morgan Will Return, Daryl Loves Carol, and More Intel From The Talking Dead Finale
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Ronda Rousey Attacks Stephanie McMahon, The Bella Twins Battle for Victory and More WrestleMania Highlights
- Kim Kardashian Takes North West and Her BFF on a Precious Easter Egg Hunt—See the Adorable Pics!
- The Walking Dead's Incredible Season Five Finale Nearly Killed Us – Find Out What Went Down!