Charlie Sheen's Obituary in the Works in Major Network Newsrooms?
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 3rd 2011 06:24PM
You can't prepare enough when dealing with a guy like Charlie Sheen. Following months of epic parties, hospitalizations and unabashed drug use where he was "bangin' 7-gram rocks and finishing them," major news organizations including the actor's home at CBS have begun preparing obituaries for the unraveling-before-our-eyes star, sources tell me.
"No one is wishing the worst but as a news organization for us not to be prepared for one of the biggest stories in a long time would be unprofessional," a CBS insider tells me.
Preparing obits for celebs in meltdown mode is nothing new, of course, and the Associated Press reportedly got things ready in 2008 in case Britney Spears died.
Charlie called my friend Marianne Garvey and E! News this week and said his "Sober Valley Lodge" is filled with "babes and victories and children. Here, nobody panics and nobody dies."
But it's not just his words that are scaring those close to him. Charlie's thin, pale and generally exhausted appearance has friends and family worried.
"All his friends and family are terrified," a friend tells me. "No one knows what to do. Everyone tried an intervention, and Charlie thinks we are all wrong and trying to hurt him and only he is right. It's really out of control, but no one at this point can save him from himself."
As for drugs, Sheen told E! "It's there if I decide to go back to it. What's not to like? I see things in a different way. Sometimes life is boring, and I've got to make it exciting."
Let's all hope and pray the news orgs won't have to run what they are working on for a long, long time.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Affleck has a hard time watching Republican actors
- Bonding over Brad: Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston celebrate the holidays together
- 'The Wire' creator David Simon: America is a 'horror show'
- NBC Orders 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries
- 'Godzilla' Trailer: It's the End of the World As We Know It
- TV Ratings: 'Reliable Sources' Gets No Lift With Brian Stelter Debut
- MTV names Miley Cyrus 2013 best artist of 2013
- Seven must-see Broadway (and Off Broadway) shows you can ACTUALLY get tickets to this December
- Ten things you missed when a New York theater put on ?Hit List' ? a musical from ?Smash'
- The 10 Most High-Maintenance Movie Characters of the Past Three Decades
- 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: Channing Tatum Is Not of This World (VIDEO)
- Jason Momoa Will Probably Be in the 'Man of Steel' Sequel