Charlie Sheen's Obituary in the Works in Major Network Newsrooms?
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 3rd 2011 06:24PM
You can't prepare enough when dealing with a guy like Charlie Sheen. Following months of epic parties, hospitalizations and unabashed drug use where he was "bangin' 7-gram rocks and finishing them," major news organizations including the actor's home at CBS have begun preparing obituaries for the unraveling-before-our-eyes star, sources tell me.
"No one is wishing the worst but as a news organization for us not to be prepared for one of the biggest stories in a long time would be unprofessional," a CBS insider tells me.
Preparing obits for celebs in meltdown mode is nothing new, of course, and the Associated Press reportedly got things ready in 2008 in case Britney Spears died.
Charlie called my friend Marianne Garvey and E! News this week and said his "Sober Valley Lodge" is filled with "babes and victories and children. Here, nobody panics and nobody dies."
But it's not just his words that are scaring those close to him. Charlie's thin, pale and generally exhausted appearance has friends and family worried.
"All his friends and family are terrified," a friend tells me. "No one knows what to do. Everyone tried an intervention, and Charlie thinks we are all wrong and trying to hurt him and only he is right. It's really out of control, but no one at this point can save him from himself."
As for drugs, Sheen told E! "It's there if I decide to go back to it. What's not to like? I see things in a different way. Sometimes life is boring, and I've got to make it exciting."
Let's all hope and pray the news orgs won't have to run what they are working on for a long, long time.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Vincent Cassel Calls for 'La Haine' Sequel in Wake of 'Charlie Hebdo' Attack
- Martin Sheen Felt "Powerless" During Son Charlie's Public Meltdown
- Pope Reveals He Hasn't Watched TV Since 1990
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 25 - 31
- 'A Beautiful Mind' Stars React to Taxi Crash Deaths of John and Alicia Nash
- What Happened to Disney's 'Tomorrowland' at the Box Office?