Forget Acting, Charlie Sheen's Tweets Could Make Him Millions
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 3rd 2011 06:00PM
Charlie Sheen is going to be the richest unemployed winner in Hollywood. The actor has accepted a gig with Ad.ly to start tweeting endorsements. The company already pays around 1,000 celebrities to tweet about brands.
Ad.ly CEO Arnie Gullov-Singh told The Hollywood Reporter that Sheen could become the company's most valuable asset, a title currently held by reality starlet Kim Kardashian.
The Ad.ly model works by paying celebrities between $200 and $25,000 to tweet on behalf of advertisers. The brands in turn get the exposure from a celebrity's wide-ranging feed of followers as well as the cache of being associated with someone famous.
It was Sheen's record-setting Twitter bull run that really got Singh's attention. The out-of-work actor gained more than 1 million followers in the first day he was on the social media site.
That's a nice base to be sure, but Ad.ly and Sheen might not want to start swimming in their hundred dollar bills just yet.
In order for this money-making scheme to work, brands need to want to be associated with Sheen. Granted there are certain brands that will have no problem aligning themselves with the bad boy just for the exposure it will bring them. But Ad.ly's big dog clients -- Sony, Microsoft, Lionsgate and Old Navy to name a few -- may think twice before opting to co-brand with the mad man who is flaunting his polyamorous relationship all over the media and bragging about banging back 7-gram rocks of cocaine.
We actually can't wait to see who and what hops aboard the Sheen gravy train.
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Charlie Sheen
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Purchases $3.6 Million Secluded Malibu Mansion ? Get All the Details
- Amber Portwood: Matt Baier Engagement Is "Completely Different" From Tumultuous Past With Gary Shirley
- Wiz Khalifa Seemingly Bashes Estranged Wife Amber Rose in New Song "For Everybody" -- Listen Here
- Star Trek fans 'Spock' Canadian $5 bill to honor late Leonard Nimoy
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Will the Team Really Turn Against an Inhuman Skye?! Find Out What the Cast Reveals!
- Ariana Grande Shows Off Her Killer Vocals in "Adore"—Listen to the Cashmere Cat Song Here!
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Lisa Rinna's and Kim Richards' Glass Smashing and Throat Grabbing Fight