Forget Acting, Charlie Sheen's Tweets Could Make Him Millions
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 3rd 2011 06:00PM
Charlie Sheen is going to be the richest unemployed winner in Hollywood. The actor has accepted a gig with Ad.ly to start tweeting endorsements. The company already pays around 1,000 celebrities to tweet about brands.
Ad.ly CEO Arnie Gullov-Singh told The Hollywood Reporter that Sheen could become the company's most valuable asset, a title currently held by reality starlet Kim Kardashian.
The Ad.ly model works by paying celebrities between $200 and $25,000 to tweet on behalf of advertisers. The brands in turn get the exposure from a celebrity's wide-ranging feed of followers as well as the cache of being associated with someone famous.
It was Sheen's record-setting Twitter bull run that really got Singh's attention. The out-of-work actor gained more than 1 million followers in the first day he was on the social media site.
That's a nice base to be sure, but Ad.ly and Sheen might not want to start swimming in their hundred dollar bills just yet.
In order for this money-making scheme to work, brands need to want to be associated with Sheen. Granted there are certain brands that will have no problem aligning themselves with the bad boy just for the exposure it will bring them. But Ad.ly's big dog clients -- Sony, Microsoft, Lionsgate and Old Navy to name a few -- may think twice before opting to co-brand with the mad man who is flaunting his polyamorous relationship all over the media and bragging about banging back 7-gram rocks of cocaine.
We actually can't wait to see who and what hops aboard the Sheen gravy train.
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Charlie Sheen
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- Madonna's 8-Year-Old Son David Banda Is an Amazing Dancer -- Check Out His Moves!
- ?Duck Dynasty' Medical Crisis! The Truth About Phil Robertson’s Alleged Hospital Stay Revealed
- The Show Will Go On! ‘Fashion Police’ To Return On E! ?As Joan Rivers Would Have Wanted' In 2015
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'