Diane Lane, Elizabeth Hurley Join Casts of Superhero Reboots
By Tracey Harrington McCoy Posted Mar 3rd 2011 08:30PM
'Secretariat' actress Diane Lane scored the role of Martha Kent, the adoptive mother of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent, in Warner Bros. upcoming 'Superman' movie, according to EW.com. Lane, 46, was the second person cast in the much-anticipated superhero reboot -- Henry Cavill was named the new Man of Steel in January.
"This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman," director Zack Snyder said in a statement. "We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination."
The new 'Superman' film is due in theaters December 2012.
In other superhero casting news, model-turned-actress Elizabeth Hurley was reportedly cast as "the evil villain" in Warner Bros.' upcoming 'Wonder Woman' pilot. The British actress tweeted the good news early Thursday: "Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot 'Wonder Woman.' I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait."
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ABC's 'Manhattan Love Story' Canceled
- Morelia Film Fest: Transgender Drama 'Carmin Tropical' Wins Top Prize
- 'Constantine' Director: "I Felt Like a Wrong Needed to Be Righted"
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming