Diane Lane, Elizabeth Hurley Join Casts of Superhero Reboots
By Tracey Harrington McCoy Posted Mar 3rd 2011 08:30PM
'Secretariat' actress Diane Lane scored the role of Martha Kent, the adoptive mother of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent, in Warner Bros. upcoming 'Superman' movie, according to EW.com. Lane, 46, was the second person cast in the much-anticipated superhero reboot -- Henry Cavill was named the new Man of Steel in January.
"This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman," director Zack Snyder said in a statement. "We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination."
The new 'Superman' film is due in theaters December 2012.
In other superhero casting news, model-turned-actress Elizabeth Hurley was reportedly cast as "the evil villain" in Warner Bros.' upcoming 'Wonder Woman' pilot. The British actress tweeted the good news early Thursday: "Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot 'Wonder Woman.' I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait."
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 8 things you didn't know about Miranda Lambert
- Reba McEntire: I always have more to learn
- Celebrity weight loss winners
- ?Theory of Everything' to Open Dubai Film Festival
- Dustin Hoffman: Judi Dench Is a "Scrumptious Looking Woman"
- Angelina Jolie Says Taxes Could Prevent Her From Getting U.K. Property
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'Frozen' Continues World Domination, Beats Barbie in Toy Sales
- George Eads, Last Original 'CSI' Cast Member, to Leave Show
- What's New on Netflix Streaming in December 2014