Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bella Thorne: I'm Bigger Now That I Exercise Everyday
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Admits She "Cries Herself to Sleep" Over His Issues
- Batkid Begins Documentary Trailer Shares Behind-the-Scenes Look at Miles Scott: Watch Now!
- Foxy Knoxy Doomed? Amanda Knox Prosecutor Confirms Her Alleged Links To Cocaine Dealers, Weeks After Radar's Report
- Jessie J's New Single "Bang Bang" With Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Leaks—Listen Now!
- Kiefer Sutherland Responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s "Unprofessional" Diss, Says He ''Enjoyed'' Working Together
- We Had a Dance Party With the Orphan Black Cast at Comic-Con and You Should Totally Be Jealous