Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!