Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Duggar Shows Off 40 Weeks Pregnant Photo Ahead of Engagement Anniversary
- Zooey Deschanel Is So Over Her Pregnancy Diet: "It's a Total Joke!"
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Is Pretty in a Pink Coat at Last Appearance Before Baby: See the Photos!
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- Vin Diesel: 'Furious 7' deserves an Oscar but the Academy doesn't like action flicks
- Kelly Rowland reveals how she lost 70 lbs of baby weight
- Miley Cyrus Makes a Necklace Using Her Tooth and Poses Topless on Instagram—See the Pic!
- James Corden Recalls Taking a Bath With David Beckham—Watch Now!
- Pregnant Jill Duggar Still Hasn't Given Birth, Shows Biggest Baby Bump 2 Days Past Due Date—See the Photo!