Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Kim Kardashian Wears Pink Jumpsuit: Top Weekend Stories
- Angelina Jolie Talks Maleficent in New Featurette: "We've Respected the Classic"
- Ashton Kutcher, Pregnant Mila Kunis Visit New Orleans Brewery: Picture
- Acting For The Court? Oscar Pistorius Accused Of Taking Drama Lessons Before His Trial
- Jenelle Evans Picks Her Baby Daddy Up From Jail After He Gets Early Release
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part 1 Ends in a Shocking Brawl Between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore
- True Blood: "There's No One Left" in the First Trailer for the Final Season—Watch Now!
- Lindsay Lohan Reveals She Had a Miscarriage on the Season Finale of Her OWN Show