Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brokeback Mountain Stars Reflect on Heath Ledger, Michelle Williams on Movie's 10th Anniversary
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Planned in Georgia
- Jaden Smith Raps in Artsy "Scarface" Music Video: Watch Now!
- Keith Richards documentary, solo album debut same day
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pondering 'Fuller House' role, Netflix boss says
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- Miley Cyrus Copies Kourtney Kardashian's Wild Style! See the Singer's Bizarre Betty Boop Unitard
- The Internet Is Banding Together to Take Down the Dentist That Killed Cecil the Lion
- Hilaria Baldwin Opens Up About Baby Boy Rafael and Being Mommy to Two Little Ones: ''My Day Never Ends''—Watch Now!