Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bobby Brown Flies to Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Hospital Bed After She Is Found Unconscious in a Bathtub
- Saturday Night Live Makes Jay Z Biopic Starring Mike O'Brien: Watch the Ridiculous Parody!
- North West Gets Annoyed With Mom Kim Kardashian, Has Cranky Face in Cute Pictures
- Report: Bruce Jenner is transitioning into a woman
- Report: Bobbi Kristina Brown on ventilator after suspected drug overdose
- Justin Timberlake confirms wife Jessica Biehl's pregnancy with cute pic
- Mychal Kendricks Professes His Love for Rihanna, Wants to "Put a Smile on Her Face" By Go-Cart Racing
- Scarlett Johansson Gushes Over "Shockingly Handsome" Chris Hemsworth
- Victor Cruz Reveals When He's Getting Married, Promises Giant Wedding Won't Be a "Snoozefest"