Best Seat in the House
Kris Humphries was the 14th-overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, but until one fateful night as a kid it could have been the Olympics in his future.
"When I was a kid I swam and was a really good swimmer. At about 12 I stopped swimming and started playing basketball."
Why the change?
...Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me.
"I'm on a trip in Chicago with my dad, he's there for business, when he surprises me and brings me to a Bulls game. I'm sitting there, great seats, the music comes on at the United Center, Michael Jordan comes out and I get to watch him and Scottie Pippen. It was an unbelievable moment for me. ... It was a moment when I can really say I fell in love with basketball."
While Humphries will never forget that night, he's looking forward to some more defining moments in his life.
"If I have a chance to win a championship, which is every athlete's goal, I think that moment will be as great, because that will be like the completion to the beginning part of that moment. That, or getting married and having kids. I'm sure that'll be up there too."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristin Cavallari Struts in Short Shorts Two Months After Giving Birth: See Her Trendy Street Style
- Jennette McCurdy Says She's "Not a Role Model," Writes Lengthy Rant
- Iggy Azalea Tapped as House of Style Host for New Season
- Kim Kardashian ? Coincidentally? ? Points Out Kanye West Starting Ski Mask Trend AFTER Jay-Z & Beyonc
- Rob Reiner: 'And So It Goes' is all Jack Nicholson's fault
- Daniel Radcliffe talks losing his virginity: I had a 'really good first time'
- Jennie Garth warns the newly famous: 'Don't believe the hype'