Mashonda Tifrere Talks Swizz Beatz Divorce, Joys of Single Motherhood
By Amber James Posted Mar 3rd 2011 01:00PM
"Divorce is terrible for anyone, but when it's public, it's over the top," Tifrere tells PopEater.
The pair divorced in 2008, after four years of marriage, amid rumors that he had an affair with Alicia Keys. Although Tifrere had choice words for Keys at the time, she is singing a friendly tune now, claiming the two women are "totally cool" -- for the sake of her and Swizz's 3-year-old son.
"There is a child involved that everybody loves dearly, so we make it work for him," she says. "People need to come to terms for the child, and we're finally in a really good place now."
Putting the past behind her, she's stepping back into the spotlight -- on her terms -- starring in VH1's new reality show, 'Love & Hip Hop,' which features the female side of the New York hip-hop scene. And she says it's "nothing like the 'Real Housewives.'"
"We're hotter and juicier," she jokes. "We're all living out our dreams in New York and sharing our passion for music and standing up for ourselves as independent women."
She continues: "I'm a single mom, and I'm making it all happen. I have a lot of stories to tell and want to share it."
As she steps into the reality spotlight, her son Kaseem remains her number one priority. "He brings so much joy to my life ... I looked at him this morning, and it's still unbelievable that he came from me and that he's going to be a man one day," she gushed. "One of the most precious parts of motherhood is watching him grow. I can still remember being pregnant, so when I look at him now, it's unreal."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs
- Look Out J.Lo and Kim K! Here Comes Beyonc