Tila Tequila -- Defining Moments
Reality TV star Tila Tequila says her defining moment lasted for 365 days. "2010 was a really bad year for me," she tells PopEater. "When you are at the bottom, you can't go any lower but up. I think it was the moment when you become honest with yourself and say 'You need to slow down a little bit.' And that's what really helped my career. I laid low with the media. I took time off. I spent some quality time with friends and family." She also got sober
"Sometimes you've got to have balance 'cause sometimes Hollywood is really crazy. It made me a different person. It made me feel like the girl last year -- even though it was only last year, I feel like that is so millions of years ago." She also looks a million years removed from the Tequila who spent time in our offices last summer.
Stop and smell the roses. I actually plant roses now! I'm just trying to enjoy every moment.
"I feel so different. I feel like a new woman. I'm very happy these days and I haven't felt this good in so long. I'm less selfish these days. I'm more into other people. I'm stopping to enjoy the simple things in life. Stop and smell the roses," Tequila says. "I actually plant roses now! I'm just trying to enjoy every moment."
"It's okay to be vulnerable," she says. "It's okay to not always be tough and strong and be this tough girl who doesn't care and I think that really helped me. So that's why my defining moment was 2010. It was my defining year. I feel like such a different woman today. I used to say a girl but I actually feel like a woman. It's not about pleasing others and trying to fit in. I just feel like I'm doing this for me now."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Mayer Brings Katy Perry Out on Stage to Perform "Who You Love" in Brooklyn Concert
- Princess Caroline's Daughter Charlotte Casiraghi of Monaco Gives Birth to Son Raphael
- Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Fights With Payton's Mom Leslie
- Gay rights group slams 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson over homosexuality comments
- The 50 hottest stars over 50
- Tessanne Chin crowned the winner of 'The Voice' season 5
- Kim Kardashian Exposes Bra in See-Through Top, Parties With Former Real Housewives Star—See the Pic!
- Tessanne Chin On Her Voice Win: "I'm So Grateful"—Plus Where She Wants To Take Adam Levine
- Jimmy Fallon Hypes Justin Timberlake's Return in SNL Promos—Watch Now!