Celebs Need to Stop Taking Pictures of Their Naughty Bits
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 7th 2011 10:00PM
Famous people: don't take X-rated pictures of yourselves and send them to other people...any other people. That means don't send them to your girlfriend (because that's not gonna last), your wife (also tenuous) and definitely not to some chick who hasn't even agreed to go on a date with you (Yup, Brett Favre, still looking at you). Don't even send them to your doctor if you have a funny rash or any members of your family for any reason at all (wrong, for entirely different reasons).
The most recent nudie pic offender is none other than singer Chris Brown, who really has enough on his plate these days. Over the weekend, a full-frontal shot Brown obviously took of himself in a mirror and sent into the universe, emerged online. The photos could have been part of a trade of sorts with ex-girlfriend Rihanna -- what looked like her half of the set leaked back in 2009.
Brown's fourth studio album is out in a few weeks, so some skeptics are wondering whether these pictures were leaked on purpose to gin up publicity. We understand that worked for Paris and Kim, but these days, naughty pics get you one of the three L's: a laugh, a lawsuit or a lashing from your management team -- rarely positive attention.
We hate to invoke a double standard, but it is true that for male celebrities the naked photo is much more of a punchline than for the ladies. Maybe it's the inherent narcissism in the men's pics. While women who take photos of themselves in compromising positions seem to be doing it because they're sadly eager to please, the men simply seem to be showing off. That is rarely sexy.
For example, the "leaked" nude photos of teen mom Amber Portwood, were more tragic than anything else. Yet Brown's just seem silly and detract from his cred as a serious artist, which is how you want people to view you before you release an album.
At the end of the day, we urge celebrities, male and female, to keep it in their pants ... it being that digital camera, cell phone or flip cam. Save the nudity for your one-on-one (in person) time. If we can help just one celebrity avoid an unfortunate crotch shot, we feel like we've done our good deed for the day.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Scandal' star Scott Foley reveals he was arrested 3 times in 1 day
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- ?Doctor Zhivago' comes to Broadway spring 2015
ExtraFEEDMore From Extra Li
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect