Charlie Sheen Accuses Brooke of Profiting From Twins
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 7th 2011 09:03AM
Legal teams for Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife in waiting, Brooke Mueller, worked through the weekend to reach a custody deal that would allow both parents to see their twins, Max and Bob. A verbal agreement was already scuttled after Charlie talked to the media, and the new pact is said to include a requirement that monitors be present when the boys are with him.
But while he waits to finally see his kids again -- it's been nearly a week -- sources including Charlie tell me they believe Brooke has been clearly profiting off the boys.
"Charlie hasn't seen the twins in person since they were removed from his home last Tuesday," an insider tells me. "He's getting more and more frustrated every day, seeing pictures of them with their mother as she parades them all over LA like some sort of sick photo opportunity."
It's not unusual for celebrities to tip off photographers on when and where they will be with their kids and sharing the profits from the sale of the images.
I asked Charlie point blank if he thought Brooke was getting paid for the pictures, to which he responded, "Well, DUH."
On Saturday, Charlie kicked off his nightly webcast, taking sips from his sons blue sippy cup and warning Brooke. Addressing his children directly, Charlie said, "Daddy loves you. If you're watching, tell mom to leave the room. It's on."
"This wouldn't be the first time Brooke has sought to profit from media exposure," my source tells me. "Brooke negotiated a million-dollar deal to sell her wedding pictures to Charlie back in 2008. She also tried to sell images of her newborn twins back in 2009. She loves being in the spotlight as much as Charlie."
The only two who have no say in any of this is Max and Bob, who both turn 2 this month.
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
In this image from video released by RadarOnline.com, Charlie Sheen takes a bite from an apple while holding one of his 23-month-old twins before they are removed from his Hollywood Hills home late Tuesday, March 1, 2011 in Los Angeles. Sheen's estranged wife Brooke Mueller obtained a restraining order to keep the actor away from her and their young sons because she was afraid of violent comments the actor had made in recent days. (AP Photo/RadarOnline.com) IMAGE MUST BE USED IN ITS ENTIRETY. SOURCE REQUIRES LOGO TO BE VISIBLE.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs Separate After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' Ex, Expecting Baby Number Six with Wife Victoria Prince
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body, Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having Another Baby Girl: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Hold On! Sofia Vergara Reportedly Puts The Brakes On Marriage Plans ? There's No Wedding Dress Or Date
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- Mena Suvari's Awkward Christmas Card With Her Boyfriend and Cat Is Absolute Perfection—Take a Look!
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set