Charlie Sheen Officially Fired From 'Two and a Half Men'
Charlie Sheen may be winning, but he just lost his contract with Warner Bros Television.
"After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on 'Two and a Half Men' effective immediately,' a statement from the company read (via The Hollywood Reporter).
Sheen himself responded to TMZ, in typical Sheen fashion. "This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc--k again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension."
Update: TMZ just obtained a copy of the termination letter sent to Sheen's attorney by Warner Bros.. The letter stated the actor was fired because he committed a felony involving "moral turpitude." The 11-page letter also said: "Your client has been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill."
As for the absolute reason why Sheen was fired, the letter states it was due to Sheen selling "cocaine to others as part of the self-destructive lifestyle he has described publicly... that have 'interfere[d] with his ability to fully and completely render all material services required' under the agreement."
Sheen told TMZ that he's not buying it and plans to sue Lorre and Warner Bros. He believes they fired him because he insulted Lorre--which they technically can't do.
According to TMZ, the decision to cancel the series entirely, or bring it back in the fall, has not been made.
This is just another twist and turn in the Sheen saga that has erupted over the past few weeks. After his hospitalization led to a postponement of taping 'Men,' the troubled actor went on several radio shows to vent his displeasure -- ultimately insulting his boss Chuck Lorre, prompting CBS and Warner Bros. to cancel the rest of the season.
Then Charlie continued his media blitz with appearances on '20/20,' 'The Today Show' and even a live chat with TMZ and made several quotable quips about warlocks, Adonis DNA, tiger's blood and winning.
During this time, Sheen also turned to Twitter, becoming the fastest person to ever earn 1 million followers, and even set up an Internet chat with UStream, naming his show 'Sheen's Korner.'
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Independence Day 2 Casts Liam Hemsworth, Alum Jeff Goldblum: Details!
- Plus-Size Model Tess Holliday Owns Her Bold Curves in Photoshop-Free Torrid Campaign: See the Photos
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Turns 22, Nick Gordon Wishes Her Happy Birthday As She Remains in Coma: "I Wish I Was There With You"
- Hilary Duff opens up on divorce from Mike Comrie
- Chris Brown reportedly a father to 9-month-old girl
- Indian Parliament erupts after rape documentary is banned
- Jennie Garth and Boyfriend Dave Abrams Hold Hands During a Romantic Weekend in Santa Barbara—See the Pics!
- Chad Michael Murray and Pregnant Wife Sarah Roemer Practice Parenting (With Their Pups)—See the Pic!
- Lisa Rinna vs. Kim Richards: Was Their Showdown The Real Housewives' Most Epic Ever?