George Michael and Partner Kenny Goss Split
By Christo Varghese Posted Mar 7th 2011 03:30AM
The Sun reports that Goss, Michael's partner for more than 15 years, finally had enough of the singer's troubled lifestyle, especially his ongoing problems with drugs and Michael's infamous arrest and conviction last year.
In October last year, Michael had pleaded guilty to two drug charges and served 27 days of an eight-week sentence for crashing his car into a photo booth while under the influence of marijuana.
A source close to the couple is quoted saying, "The writing has been on the wall for some time. There are only so many second chances Kenny was prepared to give. He's been loyal to George from day one, but that hasn't always been reciprocated."
Goss, 51, and Michael, 47, were staying together in London, and the source went on to say that Goss ran a very successful gallery in the U.S. and often traveled to take care of his business.
And with Goss away for work, the time spent apart by the couple was considerable, and it got worse during the last couple of years.
The source concluded by saying, "It's really sad, but hopefully this could be the wake-up call George needs."
The Daily Mail reports that Michael was recently was on the BBC Radio 2's 'The Chris Evans Breakfast Show' where he told the host that he deserved to be jailed for crashing his Range Rover while high on cannabis, describing it as "karma."
He also said he was "ashamed" to have broken the law repeatedly, adding that he was now in therapy for his drug problems.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson