Kylie Minogue Breaks Down While Talking Upsides to Cancer Battle
By Nicki Gostin Posted Mar 7th 2011 10:43AM
"A lot of girls have gone and had tests because of you," Meldrum said on the show 'Sunday Night.' Returning a few minutes later, she talked about why she had become so emotional.
A composed Minogue admitted, "The reason that gets me is, and the greatest part of my job and what I do, is the humanity of it, and there's certain moments where that really cuts through."
Earlier, she teared up when discussing a visit to a children's cancer ward when she herself was undergoing treatment in 2005.
"I was talking to some parents across a bed, and their child was there. I was saying the things that I would normally say in that situation, just making conversation, giving them some support, and then they caught me off guard."
She said the parents "eyeballed me" and asked, "'How are you, and we hope you get through it.'"
Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005. Since beating it, she has turned heads by dating a young model for the past three years, 31-year-old Andres Velencoso from Spain. But the 42-year-old singer is coy when asked if she'll ever get married and have kids.
"It might happen! Who knows! He's a natural with children," she said. "Ages ago I remember being asked about that and I said that I imagine myself having children before getting married, and now we'll just have to see. I'm not sure if that's part of my future."
Minogue is currently touring with her Aphrodite-Les Folies show in Europe which will hit the States on April 29 in Boston and end on May 22 at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Travis pens touching letter to fans after ACM appearance
- War hero Noah Galloway angry about rehearsal spat shown on 'Dancing With The Stars'
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Slams Cheating Rumors, Shocked by Divorce
- Bobby Brown Clarifies Conflicting Reports on Bobbi Kristina's Condition
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Move Forward to Finalizing Divorce
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Recap: Rumer Willis, Val Chmerkovskiy Perform a Sexy "Bootylicious"
- Nick Loeb Defends His Lawsuit Against Sofia Vergara: "I Have Always Dreamed of Being a Father"
- Liza Minnelli Exits Rehab, Is All Smiles While Dining at Lisa Vanderpump's Restaurant ? Details