'Glee' Star Matthew Morrison Sets Aside Fear, Sings About Rooftop Sex on Debut Single 'Summer Rain'
Since 'Glee' has become a full-fledged pop phenomenon, Matthew Morrison has been on a musical roll, from singing for the president five times to sharing stages during Grammy week with Barbra Streisand and Whitney Houston, among others. Now the actor has another achievement to add to his list: the release of his first single, 'Summer Rain,' off his upcoming debut solo album.
"I've wanted to do this for a really long time, and 'Glee' has definitely afforded me the opportunity to do it on a scale that anyone would dream of doing," Morrison tells PopEater of the song, which is available now. Still, he admits he had some nerves about recording his first solo album. "It's weird because this whole process with me coming out with my own album is different because it's all me. I can't hide behind a character, a show, or a cast or crew," he says. "It's kind of me out there, and it's scary to put yourself out there like that and try something you've never done before."
Part of that fear is from society. "I was scared of everything because of living in a world where it's so easy to hate on other people and there's so much negativity out there," he says. "But I kind of said to myself, 'You only live once.' I always want to challenge myself, and I love doing things that make me scared. It makes me feel alive."
Once he decided to go for it, Morrison really put himself out there with 'Summer Rain.' "It's kind of a jump. It's talking about having sex on a roof," he says of the single. "It was the first song I wrote for this album, and it was a story that I really wanted to tell. For me, it's about being young and in love in New York City and kind of appreciating a moment, a memory burn that's been in my head. It's kind of beautiful to put it out there in a song."
Download 'Summer Rain'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case
- Victoria's Secret 'Perfect Body' campaign sparks outrage
- Funny or Die spoofs viral New York City street-harassment video
- Jim Carrey reprises his Matthew McConaughey impression on ?Letterman'
- Mama June Steps Out with Family, Sex Offender Seen with Mystery Woman
- Nicole Kidman on Rumors She and Keith Urban are Trying for Another Baby
- Miley Cyrus vs. Rihanna: See Their Shocking Skin Show at amfAR Dinner