'Glee' Star Matthew Morrison Sets Aside Fear, Sings About Rooftop Sex on Debut Single 'Summer Rain'
Since 'Glee' has become a full-fledged pop phenomenon, Matthew Morrison has been on a musical roll, from singing for the president five times to sharing stages during Grammy week with Barbra Streisand and Whitney Houston, among others. Now the actor has another achievement to add to his list: the release of his first single, 'Summer Rain,' off his upcoming debut solo album.
"I've wanted to do this for a really long time, and 'Glee' has definitely afforded me the opportunity to do it on a scale that anyone would dream of doing," Morrison tells PopEater of the song, which is available now. Still, he admits he had some nerves about recording his first solo album. "It's weird because this whole process with me coming out with my own album is different because it's all me. I can't hide behind a character, a show, or a cast or crew," he says. "It's kind of me out there, and it's scary to put yourself out there like that and try something you've never done before."
Part of that fear is from society. "I was scared of everything because of living in a world where it's so easy to hate on other people and there's so much negativity out there," he says. "But I kind of said to myself, 'You only live once.' I always want to challenge myself, and I love doing things that make me scared. It makes me feel alive."
Once he decided to go for it, Morrison really put himself out there with 'Summer Rain.' "It's kind of a jump. It's talking about having sex on a roof," he says of the single. "It was the first song I wrote for this album, and it was a story that I really wanted to tell. For me, it's about being young and in love in New York City and kind of appreciating a moment, a memory burn that's been in my head. It's kind of beautiful to put it out there in a song."
Download 'Summer Rain'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy Fallon to pay back bet will host 'Tonight Show' in Chicago
- E! says 'Fashion Police' will continue without Joan Rivers
- Keyshia Cole, Grammy nominated singer arrested on suspicion of battery
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- Madonna's 8-Year-Old Son David Banda Is an Amazing Dancer -- Check Out His Moves!