'Housewives' Star Pleads: Leave Lindsay Lohan Alone
By Amber James Posted Mar 8th 2011 10:30AM
With Lindsay Lohan only days away from her felony grand theft case court date, 'Real Housewives of New York' star LuAnn de Lesseps is sending love to the starlet. Lesseps, whose messy divorce was dragged through the tabloids, sympathizes with Lohan, admitting the media should let her get on with her life.
"I feel like people are always on Lindsay's back. I feel sorry for her," Lesseps told PopEater at the 23rd Bailey House Auction party. "Does she need to go to jail for stealing a necklace? I don't think so. Hopefully she will get a break and have learned something from this whole experience."
On Feb. 23, Lohan declined to take a plea deal that Judge Keith L. Schwartz promised would include jail time. Lohan's lawyer set up another hearing on March 10 that will again address charges that she stole a necklace and violated probation.
The prosecution's case against Lohan is in jeopardy though, after Kamofie & Co. sold the surveillance video allegedly showing Lohan leaving the store with the unpaid merchandise. The video is crucial evidence against the actress and now could bolster claims by Lohan's defense attorneys that the store wanted to make money by accusing Lohan of stealing the necklace.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Orange County Recap: Vicki Learns of Her Mother's Death in Devastating Phone Call
- The Bachelorette Recap: Shawn Confronts Nick About Kaitlyn -- "I Think You're An A--hole"
- Jeopardy! Quizzes Your Celebrity BFF Knowledge: Watch!
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' actress Amanda Peterson dies at 43
- Longtime Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- The Bachelorette Showdown Goes Down As Kaitlyn Finally Spills the Beans
- Yolanda Foster Puts on Brave Face in Hyperbaric Chamber to Help Treat Her Lyme Disease—See The Pic
- Beyoncé Has Star-Studded Fourth of July Celebration in New Orleans With Sister Solange, Kelly Rowland & Missy Elliott