'Housewives' Star Pleads: Leave Lindsay Lohan Alone
By Amber James Posted Mar 8th 2011 10:30AM
With Lindsay Lohan only days away from her felony grand theft case court date, 'Real Housewives of New York' star LuAnn de Lesseps is sending love to the starlet. Lesseps, whose messy divorce was dragged through the tabloids, sympathizes with Lohan, admitting the media should let her get on with her life.
"I feel like people are always on Lindsay's back. I feel sorry for her," Lesseps told PopEater at the 23rd Bailey House Auction party. "Does she need to go to jail for stealing a necklace? I don't think so. Hopefully she will get a break and have learned something from this whole experience."
On Feb. 23, Lohan declined to take a plea deal that Judge Keith L. Schwartz promised would include jail time. Lohan's lawyer set up another hearing on March 10 that will again address charges that she stole a necklace and violated probation.
The prosecution's case against Lohan is in jeopardy though, after Kamofie & Co. sold the surveillance video allegedly showing Lohan leaving the store with the unpaid merchandise. The video is crucial evidence against the actress and now could bolster claims by Lohan's defense attorneys that the store wanted to make money by accusing Lohan of stealing the necklace.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chelsea Clinton Hints She's Open to Running for Political Office
- Jenny McCarthy Engaged; Tori Spelling Talks Dean McDermott Affair: Top Stories
- Andre Johnson, Rapper, Severs Penis, Jumps Off Building, Survives
- Robin Roberts: Doctor Said I Had 2 Years To Live
- Honey Boo Boo's Anna ?Chickadee’ Shannon Moves Out Of Mama June's House, Wants More Kids With Fiance Michael Cardwell
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- Miley Cyrus Will "Remain Hospitalized" for Severe Allergic Reaction to Medication—Exclusive Update!
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments
- Sofía Vergara Was "Nervous" Filming Threesome in Fading Gigolo, Got Pointers From Co-Star Sharon Stone