'Housewives' Star Pleads: Leave Lindsay Lohan Alone
By Amber James Posted Mar 8th 2011 10:30AM
With Lindsay Lohan only days away from her felony grand theft case court date, 'Real Housewives of New York' star LuAnn de Lesseps is sending love to the starlet. Lesseps, whose messy divorce was dragged through the tabloids, sympathizes with Lohan, admitting the media should let her get on with her life.
"I feel like people are always on Lindsay's back. I feel sorry for her," Lesseps told PopEater at the 23rd Bailey House Auction party. "Does she need to go to jail for stealing a necklace? I don't think so. Hopefully she will get a break and have learned something from this whole experience."
On Feb. 23, Lohan declined to take a plea deal that Judge Keith L. Schwartz promised would include jail time. Lohan's lawyer set up another hearing on March 10 that will again address charges that she stole a necklace and violated probation.
The prosecution's case against Lohan is in jeopardy though, after Kamofie & Co. sold the surveillance video allegedly showing Lohan leaving the store with the unpaid merchandise. The video is crucial evidence against the actress and now could bolster claims by Lohan's defense attorneys that the store wanted to make money by accusing Lohan of stealing the necklace.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!