'Housewives' Star Pleads: Leave Lindsay Lohan Alone
By Amber James Posted Mar 8th 2011 10:30AM
With Lindsay Lohan only days away from her felony grand theft case court date, 'Real Housewives of New York' star LuAnn de Lesseps is sending love to the starlet. Lesseps, whose messy divorce was dragged through the tabloids, sympathizes with Lohan, admitting the media should let her get on with her life.
"I feel like people are always on Lindsay's back. I feel sorry for her," Lesseps told PopEater at the 23rd Bailey House Auction party. "Does she need to go to jail for stealing a necklace? I don't think so. Hopefully she will get a break and have learned something from this whole experience."
On Feb. 23, Lohan declined to take a plea deal that Judge Keith L. Schwartz promised would include jail time. Lohan's lawyer set up another hearing on March 10 that will again address charges that she stole a necklace and violated probation.
The prosecution's case against Lohan is in jeopardy though, after Kamofie & Co. sold the surveillance video allegedly showing Lohan leaving the store with the unpaid merchandise. The video is crucial evidence against the actress and now could bolster claims by Lohan's defense attorneys that the store wanted to make money by accusing Lohan of stealing the necklace.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Mindy Project Style Breakdown: Fashions Seen on Crimes and Misdemeanors and Ex-BFs
- Brad Pitt: My Kids With Angelina Jolie Make Me Feel Like "The Richest Man Alive"
- Holly Williams Gives Birth, Welcomes Daughter Stella June With Husband Chris Coleman
- Kris Jenner Opens Up About Beginnings As A Manager, Says Late Ex Robert Kardashian Sr. Believed O.J. Simpson Was Innocent
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- Felicity Huffman hopes 'American Crime' role alters her image as a 'Desperate Housewife'
- Glen Campbell sued over film documenting his Alzheimer's fight
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- B.J. Novak Responds to Mindy Kaling's Revelation That She Once Wanted to Marry Him
- American Horror Story: Freak Show's New Trailer Is Crazy, Scary, Cool and Features New Footage
- Ben Affleck Slams Jon Stewart for Spoiling Gone Girl, Being a "Copycat"—Watch Now!