Sarah Ferguson Begs for Forgiveness for Pedophile Payout Scandal
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, who just admitted to taking money from convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, is once again begging forgiveness from her friends, family and her boss, Oprah Winfrey.
"Sarah had no idea the man who loaned her $24,000 had been convicted of having sex" with a 13-year-old girl, a friend of Sarah's tells me exclusively. "It's typical Sarah, where she does something and worried about the consequences after."
The Epstein mess is a complicated one and involves Sarah's ex-husband, Prince Andrew, who is a friend of the billionaire sex offender. The prince was already under fire for his ties with Epstein, who decided to help the Duchess get out of a financial jam. Via the London Evening Standard:
Sarah issued a lengthy apology for accepting the money, which actually helped her finally get out of debt.
The money was paid to Sarah's former assistant, Johnny O'Sullivan, who was claiming £78,000 in unpaid wages and other bills. Epstein stepped in after discussing the affair with Andrew's office and dealt directly with Mr O'Sullivan, who accepted £15,000 which then allowed a wider restructuring of Sarah's £5 million debts to take place.
"I personally, on behalf of myself, deeply regret that Jeffrey Epstein became involved in any way with me. I abhor pedophilia and any sexual abuse of children and know this is a gigantic error of judgment on my behalf," she said in a statement. "Once again my errors have compounded and rebounded and also inadvertently impacted on the man I admire most in the world, the duke. He has supported me and come to my rescue again and again and there is absolutely nothing that I would not do for him."
Sarah's crushing debt played a huge part in her last scandal, when last year she was caught trying to sell media access to her ex. She appeared to have moved on from that, but friends worry her apology isn't going to work this time, now that there's a sex offender involved.
"Everyone is sick of her," a friend of Sarah's tells me. "Her ex-husband and his family want nothing more to do with her. They have given her so many chances but will not anymore. Even her new boss Oprah hasn't returned her calls this time. It seems even she has had enough of Sarah."
She better hope Oprah isn't done with her. 'Finding Sarah,' the duchess's reality show on Winfrey's OWN network, doesn't air until this summer.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Power Rangers Samurai Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested For Stabbing Roommate to Death With Sword: Report
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"
- Chris O'Dowd, Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome First Child, a Baby Boy Named Art O'Porter
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out Looking Fit and Healthy During Rare Public Shopping Trip—Take a Look!
- President Barack Obama Sips Beer After Sharing Super Bowl Predictions, Sounds Off on Deflategate
- Bridesmaids Star Chris O'Dowd and Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome a Baby Boy—See the Hilarious Announcement!