Suri Cruise, Nearly 5, Will Use a Pacifier as Long as She Wants
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 8th 2011 12:13PM
The Cruise family is no stranger to controversy when it comes to their trendsetting daughter, Suri. In the past two years, critics have analyzed her love of high heels, quirky dresses and lipstick, and now she's been spotted in Vancouver with a pacifier in her mouth. The problem, of course, is that she's nearly 5, but anyone expecting Tom or Katie to be the ones to yank that binky anytime soon should think again.
"Suri just isn't told 'no' very often," an insider tells me. "Scientology encourages you to make your own decisions and learn lessons as you live your life. She'll know herself when it's time to throw the pacifier away, plain and simple."
Tom is the world's most famous Scientologist, and his wife quickly took to the religion, which has been a part of Suri's life from the moment she was born. When Katie gave birth in April 2006, signs reminding everyone to be silent were posted because it is believed a "silent birth" is the ideal way to enter the world.
"Their religion and beliefs are a huge part of who Tom and Katie are as individuals and parents," a friend of the couple's tells me. "It's not like they would not tell Suri not to touch a fire or run across the street, but certain things, they want her to decide herself, including when she feels it's the right time to stop using a pacifier."
Let's hope the Cruise family dentist doesn't hear about this binky business. Some of the main reasons against pacifiers is that it can impede the proper growth of one's teeth and mouth. According to experts, including the Academy of General Dentistry, prolonged use can even cause changes in the shape of the roof of your mouth.
What do you think? Should Tom and Katie leave Suri alone or step in and throw it away?
Suri Cruise Pics
***NO CANADA RIGHTS*** UK SALES: Contact: Caroline (44) 207 431 1598 - Must Byline EROTEME.CO.UK Suri Cruise, (b. April 2006) with a pacifier and her stuffed bear, walks with her aunt, Lee Anne DeVette, Tom Cruise's sister. The two make their way to Vera's Burgers where Katie Holmes pre-orders lunch for all. NON-EXCLUSIVE March 6, 2011 Job: 110306NP1 Vancouver, Canada www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Photos -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different. Who doesn't as they get older?!'
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- Matthew McConaughey stands up for romantic comedies
- 'CSI: Cyber' Coming to TF1 in France
- BAFTA Names Emma Baehr Director of Awards
- Sony Pictures Park and Smurfs Zone Set for Planned Dubai Theme Park
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- Best of Late Night TV: Bill Murray's Tinder Talk, Jack Black's Cereal Jingle, John Leguizamo's Fight With Patrick Swayze (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Soundtrack Will Get a Cassette Release (PHOTO)
- New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Teaser Pits Gale vs. Peeta (VIDEO)