Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender Talk New 'Jane Eyre'
By Litty Samuel Posted Mar 9th 2011 03:00PM
Dark and mysterious story lines always make for good drama in itself, but when you intertwine it with romance and throw in a couple corsets and petticoats, you have a compelling movie, which draws in audiences for a box office hit. Or maybe that's what director Cary Fukunaga is hoping for with the release of his new movie 'Jane Eyre,' starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender.
Keeping classic novels such as 'Jane Eyre' fresh after many remakes and adaptations is almost all the work, especially when everyone already knows how the story ends. Audiences need motivation to drag themselves to theaters and continue to sit and watch for two hours. They need a kind of movie that makes them forget that they ever bought popcorn at all. They need a movie that makes them forget about the loud "slurper" sitting behind them. Watch the cast interview after the jump!
Fukunaga puts a twist on 'Jane Eyre' by telling his cast to focus on the parts of the novel that are eerie and mysterious to give the movie a bit of an edge. "The book really is gothic in itself ... and it's a lot about the unknown and the unseen and the unspoken," says Mia Wasikowska who plays the character Jane Eyre.
"I'm always nervous because I want to make sure that I've done justice to the writer, and all the other elements involved," says Michael Fassbender about his character Edward Rochester. "After all, once it's up there, it's documented for life," continues Fassbender, laughing. Let's hope for Michael Fassbender's sake that his iconic role will be documented as one for the books.
Check out Cary Fukunaga's adaptation of 'Jane Eyre' in theaters Friday, March 11.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Netflix Orders First French Original Series
- Shonda Rhimes Books 'Mindy Project' Cameo
- How 'Maze Runner' and Barco's New Panoramic Format Could Alter Moviemaking
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween
- Meet Chibatman, the Caped Crusader Riding Around Japan (VIDEO)
- YA Movie Parents Who Don't Suck