Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender Talk New 'Jane Eyre'
By Litty Samuel Posted Mar 9th 2011 03:00PM
Dark and mysterious story lines always make for good drama in itself, but when you intertwine it with romance and throw in a couple corsets and petticoats, you have a compelling movie, which draws in audiences for a box office hit. Or maybe that's what director Cary Fukunaga is hoping for with the release of his new movie 'Jane Eyre,' starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender.
Keeping classic novels such as 'Jane Eyre' fresh after many remakes and adaptations is almost all the work, especially when everyone already knows how the story ends. Audiences need motivation to drag themselves to theaters and continue to sit and watch for two hours. They need a kind of movie that makes them forget that they ever bought popcorn at all. They need a movie that makes them forget about the loud "slurper" sitting behind them. Watch the cast interview after the jump!
Fukunaga puts a twist on 'Jane Eyre' by telling his cast to focus on the parts of the novel that are eerie and mysterious to give the movie a bit of an edge. "The book really is gothic in itself ... and it's a lot about the unknown and the unseen and the unspoken," says Mia Wasikowska who plays the character Jane Eyre.
"I'm always nervous because I want to make sure that I've done justice to the writer, and all the other elements involved," says Michael Fassbender about his character Edward Rochester. "After all, once it's up there, it's documented for life," continues Fassbender, laughing. Let's hope for Michael Fassbender's sake that his iconic role will be documented as one for the books.
Check out Cary Fukunaga's adaptation of 'Jane Eyre' in theaters Friday, March 11.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country star Toby Keith says tornado-ravaged Okla. hometown is 'resilient,' planning benefit
- Then and Now: 'The Brady Bunch'
- Khloe Kardashian Odom yanks T-shirt after Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatens legal action
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyes Sale of TV Channels Arm (Report)
- Cannes: Indian Director Anurag Kashyap on His Five Films on the Croisette (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- ?Annie' Broadway cast album with Jane Lynch bonus tracks ? EXCLUSIVE FIRST LISTEN
- Will Smith really wants you to remember that he used to be a rapper ? VIDEO
- Microsoft poised to unveil new Xbox
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret
- Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal