'Real Housewives' Stars 'Roofied' at NYC Bar
Orange County 'Housewife' Tamra Barney appeared on Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' talk show and claims she "got roofied," referring to the drug Rohypnol, used in many date-rape cases.
NYC 'Housewife' Ramona Singer, who was with Barney and her co-stars Vicki Gunvalson and Peggy Tanous when the incident occurred, explained the situation to RadarOnline.com. Singer said the ladies were out at a New York bar, greeting fans and having a nice time.
"So many fans came over and said 'we love you guys,'" she said.
Before long, a middle-aged man approached the women, offering the group free drinks, which he already had in hand.
"He sat next to Tamra and Peggy and said, 'I have a special drink for you two ladies.' Obviously he was watching them and decided to buy them drinks," Singer said. "Tamra drank only part of her drink, but Peggy drank all of it, poor thing."
Nothing seemed amiss while at the bar, but it wasn't long before something seemed wrong.
"We all left as they finished their drinks, and they got back to their hotel 20 minutes later and felt the effects," Ramona added.
Barney also dished to Radar about the harrowing experience.
"At first our friends thought the wine was really getting to our head," Barney said. "So they got us in a cab took us to the hotel. We walked into the hotel bathroom and got very sick and passed out on the floor of the hotel lobby bathroom. It had been about 30 minutes from the time we drank the drink until we were out."
"Thankfully, Vicki was there because they almost had to go to the hospital," Singer said.
"I woke up in my room at 5AM not knowing how I got there," Barney said. "I was extremely dizzy and couldn't get out of bed. The room was spinning in a way I had never felt. It's like everything was in slow motion.
Singer and the rest of the 'Housewives' learned an important lesson from the scary experience.
"I think it's a lesson for everyone to learn -- Never take a drink from a stranger," she said, adding, "Thank God it wasn't more serious."
"I know how stupid I am for taking a drink that was handed to me," Barney said. "It just blows my mind that people do this kind of stuff. I am mad at my self for drinking that drink. I knew better!"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- Beyonce Shows off Her Tiny Waist in White Bikini, Cuddles up with Jay-Z
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift applauds Emma Watson's speech on feminism
- Taylor Swift Covers British Vogue: "Dating or Finding Someone Is the Last Thing on My Mind"
- Brad Pitt Feels Like "the Richest Man Alive," Calls Fatherhood "the Most Beautiful Thing" Ever
- Twilight Making a Comeback With Short Films on Facebook—and Kristen Stewart Is Involved!