Valerie Bertinelli Tells Ellen of New Hubby: 'I Don't Know Why He Married Me!'
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 9th 2011 06:40PM
The Jenny Craig spokeswoman revealed in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that her proposal from hubby Tom Vitale wasn't all candlelight and roses.
While together in Italy, Bertinelli was frustrated following a "crappy" dinner when Vitale decided to pop the question. "I'm like, 'I just want to read this magazine. It was a crappy dinner. We're in Italy. It should've been an amazing dinner.' I was really pissed off. I just wanted to read my magazine," said the actress. "And then I just closed my eyes, and he just puts this little box on my chest."
In the midst of her excitement, the 'Hot in Cleveland' star couldn't help from letting her sensible side get the best of her when she saw the box.
"It was from Tiffany's ... I said, 'Why did you spend so much money? Why did you go to Tiffany's? You should've gone someplace else with cheaper jewelry.'"
Despite her initial reservations about the pricey bauble, Bertinelli, who was previously married to rocker Eddie Van Halen, accepted Vitale's proposal and the pair tied the knot on Jan. 1, 2011.
"I don't know why he married me," she joked. Bertinelli's reasons for saying "I do," however, were more clear from the start. "He loved me no matter what. In his way, he's teaching me to love myself just as I am," she said.
"I swear to God, if I knew I would feel this good and my life would be this amazing at 50, I would've turned 50 a long time ago. I pinch myself that this is my life right now."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Movie Night Recap: Two Perfect Scores, One Surprising Elimination
- Jason Derulo Not on "Good Terms" With Jordin Sparks Post-Split; Amanda Bynes Arrested for Second DUI: Top 5 Stories
- Family First ? George Zimmerman's Brother Robert Talks Family Rebranding And His Role Models: ?I Learn A Lot' From Kardashians
- ?The View' Feuds: Rosie O'Donnell & Whoopi Goldberg Fight In Front Of Audience – ?I'm Really Sick Of Your Sh*t!'
- It's A Presidential Baby! Chelsea Clinton Introduces Daughter Charlotte To The World – See Their Bundle Of Joy
- Is Carrie Underwood trading country music for Christian?
- The roles that got away
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Trouble in Paradise?