Valerie Bertinelli Tells Ellen of New Hubby: 'I Don't Know Why He Married Me!'
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 9th 2011 06:40PM
The Jenny Craig spokeswoman revealed in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that her proposal from hubby Tom Vitale wasn't all candlelight and roses.
While together in Italy, Bertinelli was frustrated following a "crappy" dinner when Vitale decided to pop the question. "I'm like, 'I just want to read this magazine. It was a crappy dinner. We're in Italy. It should've been an amazing dinner.' I was really pissed off. I just wanted to read my magazine," said the actress. "And then I just closed my eyes, and he just puts this little box on my chest."
In the midst of her excitement, the 'Hot in Cleveland' star couldn't help from letting her sensible side get the best of her when she saw the box.
"It was from Tiffany's ... I said, 'Why did you spend so much money? Why did you go to Tiffany's? You should've gone someplace else with cheaper jewelry.'"
Despite her initial reservations about the pricey bauble, Bertinelli, who was previously married to rocker Eddie Van Halen, accepted Vitale's proposal and the pair tied the knot on Jan. 1, 2011.
"I don't know why he married me," she joked. Bertinelli's reasons for saying "I do," however, were more clear from the start. "He loved me no matter what. In his way, he's teaching me to love myself just as I am," she said.
"I swear to God, if I knew I would feel this good and my life would be this amazing at 50, I would've turned 50 a long time ago. I pinch myself that this is my life right now."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Richie Wears 6-Year-Old Daughter Harlow's Shag Coat, Bethenny Frankel-Style: Pictures
- Yaya DaCosta, Joshua Bee Alafia Split: Actress, Filmmaker End 2-Year Marriage
- Charlie Sheen Reprises Ferris Bueller Role for The Goldbergs: Pics
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats